Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, I've been wanting to do something in the Lake District for some time...

Presenting...
Jaguars at the Lakes 2022
Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd April 2022

Destination:

• Lakeland Motor Museum, Ulverston
  • Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway
  • Lake Windermere
  • The Lake District National Park

Itinerary:

This is quite loose at this stage
, being that we are planning an event that is currently 6 months to the day away.

BUT, the idea is to arrive at the Motor Museum for around 10.00am and spend some time perusing the exhibits, having coffee and breakfast (for those not staying on the Friday night). At lunchtime, heading over to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway Station for lunch before boarding the historic steam trains that will take us to our next stop for a leisurely 40 minute cruise up to Bowness. A chance to disembark and have a wander, Steve can find another Costa coffee outlet, before we then cruise back down to Lakeside. From there we move on to the main event... dinner!

One downer on all these meets is that no sooner have we arrived, wandered around chatted and stuffed our faces are we then departing back to whence we came. For a mere £60 we can stay overnight in the luxurious surroundings of the Premier Inn Ulverston, allowing appropriate beverages to be quaffed in the finest of company before a guaranteed good nights sleep (I'd like to see them argue with the sleep quality rating from my watch!). A lazy start to Sunday with a full english breakfast and then hitting the roads of the Lake District National Park for some of the finest scenery and driving this country has to offer. Topped off with some lunch, and more coffee for Steve.

Many people have already opted to stay over on the Friday night also which avoids the need for an unsociably early start on the Saturday morning.

The Lakeland Historic Car Club will be gathering at the museum for their monthly meet on the Saturday morning. So a great opportunity to see even more great cars!

So, how does that sound? 2nd April is 2 weeks prior to Easter and the week after the clocks go forward for BST.

Whilst there are many hotels around offering various price points the Premier Inn Ulverston is convenient (7 miles/ 10 mins from the museum) and a good standard, with a Bar and Grill on site. Rooms can be booked using a flex reservation meaning payment isn't taken until check-in and can be cancelled up to the day itself - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/cumbria/ulverston/ulverston.html

For details of the Motor Museum - https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/

Bookings for the Museum/Railway/Lake Cruise etc can be made nearer the time once the 2022 group booking situation has been confirmed. Expected cost for the combined museum/railway/cruise ticket is around £22. The Lake cruise is between Lakeside and Bowness and takes 40 minutes each way.

At the heart of this event is the idea of spending quality time with the friends we have all made through the medium of JaguarForum.com and make a weekend of it. You could however choose to just join us on the Saturday for the Museum, Cruise and Meal or for the Lakes drive (route to be decided) on the Sunday. The aim would be to start both days around 10.30am in the general Ulverston area.

If you're interested get your name down by posting to the thread or sending me (@MarkFY ) a PM.
Let me know if you have reserved a hotel room, or if you are coming just for the Saturday or the Sunday.

SEE BELOW FOR LIST OF ATTENDEES
  1. MarkFY - X-TYPE Sport 2.5 V6 (2001) 🛏
  2. C16RKC - DAIMLER XJ Super V8 (2001) +3 🛏
  3. #Steve - XJ X351 V8 Portfolio (2010) 🛏
  4. FlatCap - XJ X350 Super V8 (2003) +1 🛏
  5. Super350 - XJ X350 Super V8 SWB (2003) +1 🛏
  6. Ashanti - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2006) +1? 🛏
  7. Restorer - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2004) 🛏
  8. Trooper - XF 2.0D Portfolio (2017)
  9. mac_doctor - XJL 3.0D Autobiography (2017) 🛏
  10. Mean Mr Mustard - XJ X351 Prem Lux (2010) +1 🛏
  11. Glenn65 - XJ X350 2.7TDVI Sport Premium (2005) +3 🛏
  12. Mackem159 - X-TYPE 2.2D Estate Sovereign (2006) 🛏
  13. Alec Escolme - Driving something tbd
  14. Sailor - DAIMLER XJ Super V8 (2008) +1 🛏

🛏 Indicates hotel booked

Jaguar Cars: 14
Lesser Cars: 0
Attendees: 25

If you're interested get your name down by posting to the thread or sending me (@MarkFY ) a PM.
Let me know if you have reserved a hotel room, or if you are coming just for the Saturday or the Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Hi Mark.
If you put me down on the list, but I'll have to look into the booking ( ie if i'll be on my own) i'll certainly be there, im near Dublin just now and will be back home on Sunday the 10th
All the Best
Regards Tom.

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark.
If you put me down on the list, but I'll have to look into the booking ( ie if i'll be on my own) i'll certainly be there, im near Dublin just now and will be back home on Sunday the 10th
All the Best
Regards Tom.
Good man... you're on the list!

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Yes please, and very much hoping to bring along my BFF former multiple Jaguar owner / enabler of my Jag Manic Madness.

And looking forward to meeting the gang. The boys to entertain you...

Smile Photograph Hat Facial expression Sun hat

X351 Prem Lux (upgraded somewhat) (2010)

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Its a go then?

Reactions: MarkFY

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes please, and very much hoping to bring along my BFF former multiple Jaguar owner / enabler of my Jag Manic Madness.

And looking forward to meeting the gang. The boys to entertain you...

View attachment 40841

X351 Prem Lux (upgraded somewhat) (2010)
On the list - just confirm if you book hotel (so we know you're with us for both days) and if you are bringing a +1
So was/is your BFF a member of the forum?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
On the list - just confirm if you book hotel (so we know you're with us for both days) and if you are bringing a +1
So was/is your BFF a member of the forum?
I have requested that Madame Moutarde book a twin room. Being an Absolute Wuss, I let her control my spending, as she has the paypal account.

As for my BFF, I've just forwarded the invitation. And am slowly working on him to join us, to regale us with his untold tales of XJSs and such. He is now the proud owner of a fabulously restored MG ZTT - it was his opulent leather and wood that led me astray and here soon enough - and he will be helping me detail the XJ once I've got the essential maintenance done. I honestly don't think his wheels are that much 'lesser' and would not be out of place in the lineup...

Seems very much to me he will be next in line for my XJ, in years to come...

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,727 Posts
I will be arriving and staying overnight Friday (so I have booked the hotel, but for the Friday not the Saturday), leaving later on Saturday. No Sunday outing for me, sad to say.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Mark, this sounds great, we’ll be up for this, put me down as a plus 1 and 2 1/2’s.

Always enjoy a good Jag trip out. I’ll have a look at the accommodation shortly. If no hotel we’ll book the caravan into a site nearby.

G

·
As for my BFF, I've just forwarded the invitation. And am slowly working on him to join us.... restored MG ZTT.... would not be out of place in the lineup...
Thats it, if a Rover is coming I don't see why I can't take the Bratwurst mobile again!

G

·
Mark,

A big thank you for organising this. Something to look forward to.

Will there be roadside recovery present? Counselling? ;)
If you break down you have to ride shotgun in the Cherman backup car.

Aston will be available for counciling. He may push you from "mad" to "box of frogs" though.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As for my BFF, I've just forwarded the invitation. And am slowly working on him to join us, to regale us with his untold tales of XJSs and such. He is now the proud owner of a fabulously restored MG ZTT - it was his opulent leather and wood that led me astray and here soon enough - and he will be helping me detail the XJ once I've got the essential maintenance done. I honestly don't think his wheels are that much 'lesser' and would not be out of place in the lineup...
Well the MG ZTT would be out of place in the lineup simply because it's not a Jaguar at an event called "Jaguars at the Lakes" and it would indeed be listed as a "lesser car" on the Roll Call, as would a BMW, an Audi or a Lexus... as those vehicles that attended my private gathering last weekend will attest. :)

G

·
I can attest to Mark's cruel treatment of us Cherman car owners last event. We were indeed 2nd citizens and I think they tried their hardest to ditch us on the run.

Alec was so hurt he left early.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Blimey... Updated List:

SEE BELOW FOR LIST OF ATTENDEES

1. MarkFY - X-TYPE Sport 2.5 V6 (2001) 🛏
2. C16RKC - DAIMLER XJ Super V8 (2001) +3 🛏
3. #Steve - XJ X351 V8 Portfolio (2010) 🛏
4. FlatCap - XJ X350 Super V8 (2003) +1 🛏
5. Super350 - XJ X350 Super V8 SWB (2003) +1 🛏
6. Ashanti - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2006) +1? 🛏
7. Restorer - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2004) 🛏
8. Trooper - XF 2.0D Portfolio (2017)
9. mac_doctor - XJL 3.0D Autobiography (2017) 🛏
10. Mean Mr Mustard - XJ X351 Prem Lux (2010) +1 🛏
11. Glenn65 - XJ X350 2.7TDVI Sport Premium (2005) +3 🛏
12. Mackem159 - X-TYPE 2.2D Estate Sovereign (2006) 🛏
13. Alec Escolme - Driving something tbd
14. Sailor - Daimler XJ Super V8 (2008) +1 🛏

🛏 Indicates hotel booked

Jaguar Cars: 14
Lesser Cars: 0
Attendees: 25

If you're interested get your name down and let me know if you have reserved a hotel room, and I'll keep the list updated.

1 - 20 of 2683 Posts