Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
I will be arriving and staying overnight Friday (so I have booked the hotel, but for the Friday not the Saturday), leaving later on Saturday. No Sunday outing for me, sad to say.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
In 1995 i returned from British Columbia having spent a few hours being dragged round by a Ski boat, within four days a mastercraft was in my driveway and so it began, the hole into which you tip money, i can show you the spot where the lake police stopped to bollock me for riding down the lake on an inflatable sofa from MAKRO ,while tipping 20's into a Holley Double Pumper atop a Chevy 457

Edit; i like boats, am i boat guy?
That's another one of those technical posts where I understood the conjunctions and some of the adjectives. Sounds really fun.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
I have one of those too! It's called a Skoda Octavia. Would I be drummed out in some humiliating ceremony, for shame?
Nope. You just wouldn't be drummed in.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Not even a mile long printout of failure codes, with an authentication stamp from an approved Jag Indy?
Excuses, excuses. I wrote off my XJ a month before I was due to attend the Saturday Morning Breakfast Club: my response was to buy another one! (... in a bit of a hurry)

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
The Cult, Whitesnake, Yes, Camel, Pink Floyd, Horslips, Alan Parsons Project, possibly.

AC/DC, Simple Minds, Coldplay, most definitely
Genesis, Gentle Giant, Soft Machine, Rush, Marillion ...

Are you sure that you aren't older?

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
I think "Autobiography" should be in capitals. And possibly in bold. Italics may be a bit far?

When this event gets full I might sell my spot for faasends of paands to a celebrity like Katie Price.
Just what we need to colour coordinate with Alec, a pink Landy.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Fun Fact:

Based on the people already signed up, the approximate total distance travelled to get to this event stands at...

2290 miles, each way
so 4580 miles there and back again, not including the miles we'll drive around the Lakes themselves.
... and I'm going to be driving about 4,000 of those!

Thread tidied as requested.
There's a thankless task, right there.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
You;ll be going right past the Haverthwaite railway station at some point, if you have any steam train enthusiasts in your gang who might like to have a look.
You may even get a tour of the station if Rich is leading.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Today´s fun fact:

Sunderland flying boats were built and flown from Windermere.
Zeppelins were built and flown from Friedrichshafen on Lake Constance.

Nothing to do with Sunderland or Windermere, but there is a lake involved!

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
When you get around to "average number of steering wheels" I should break even, and "average number of TVs" I should start to pull ahead ...

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Very nice. I am sure we can shoo off those peasant hooligans leaning on the rails.
Tell them you have a BMW. That'll see them off.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts