Jaguar Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 2683 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
You're welcome Will... I have had one person get all 'grumpy' with me but, needless to say, they're not coming to the Lakes with us :ROFLMAO:
I am coming Mark, I just enjoy being grumpy.

I blame the kids....
I am considerably more grumpy than you!
Statistics prove that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy, but only one is really grumpy :rolleyes:

You're kidding me! Unbelievable.
I would never have known if you didn't message me, and that would have been my loss. Really glad you did
+1, my sentiments exactly, Some people, ehh!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
To be fair some people can be a bit sensitive about getting a PM out of the blue from someone they might not know. When MarkFY sent me a PM about the trip I already knew of him from the X-Type section and was already aware of the Lakes Trip but appreciated the contact.

Reactions: JimC64 and Ashanti

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,104 ·
The 'Friday Update' will once again be slightly delayed... as I'm finalising details for the Sunday itinerary and should be able to post further details tomorrow afternoon.

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
To be fair some people can be a bit sensitive about getting a PM out of the blue from someone they might not know. When MarkFY sent me a PM about the trip I already knew of him from the X-Type section and was already aware of the Lakes Trip but appreciated the contact.
Lol its the joys of putting these things together Jades unfortunately.

For the most part there's an answer, yes or no, a grateful reply to be thought of or included, a that would be nice but can't make it, to being downright ignored or a flat out NO and variants thereof.

Still, is what it is as they say

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I'm looking forward to the latest update and what we are doing Sunday ☺
Popping 2 paracetamol and have a big drink of water before a long drive home?

Reactions: Trooper

·
Premium Member
2006 XK Convertible 4.2 N.A., Indigo Blue over Ivory/Slate Blue
338 Posts
You're kidding me! Unbelievable.
I would never have known if you didn't message me, and that would have been my loss. Really glad you did
Same for me. I'm extremely grateful that Mark messaged me (y)

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
Popping 2 paracetamol and have a big drink of water before a long drive home?
Errr,

I believe there is a Sunday saunter and snap in the offing.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Errr,

I believe there is a Sunday saunter and snap in the offing.
Thats will curb the festivities.............................. For Stats Babe.

Reactions: restorer and #steve

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,111 · (Edited)
Jaguars at the Lakes 2022

Introducing the Jaguars at the Lakes 2022 weekend event

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

With people traveling from across the UK, many have opted to reserve rooms at the Premier Inn Ulverston for the Friday AND Saturday evenings, and even some for the Sunday night also.

Join us in the hotel restaurant & bar on the Friday evening to jump start a forum gathering like no other.

After a good nights sleep, & perhaps a hearty breakfast, we have a 10 minute drive in convoy-ish to the Lakeland Motor Museum to take up our places, as a group, alongside the Lakeland Historic Car Club. Mingle with the locals, viewing the car club & museum exhibits before heading over to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway Station.

After a chance to explore the station we board our historic steam train to take us to Lakeside where we embark on our Lake Windermere cruise to Bowness - with plenty of time to wander around, grab a spot of lunch, drink coffee and perhaps even take in attractions, it's entirely up to you - before cruising back down to Lakeside and our return steam train ride.

Night at the Motor Museum Dinner

A little bit of time to put your feet up, freshen up & perhaps even dress up for our exclusive "Night at the Motor Museum" dinner. A 2-course meal in the surroundings of the motor museum complete with private access to all the exhibits. Then a chance to unwind with some drinks back in the hotel bar.

Pass to the Lake

Sunday is a more sedate day - as we traverse the spectacular Kirkstone Pass en route to the Inn on the Lake for a spot of lunch in the Lake View Restaurant overlooking Ullswater.

We have secured a group booking discount for the Motor Museum, Steam Railway & Lake Cruise with bookings being made for these after Christmas. Planning is continuing to make this a Jaguar weekend to remember, along with a few 'surprises'.

Early hotel reservations are strongly recommended! Premier Inn use on-demand pricing. The Flex booking rate has increased significantly, but the Advance "pay now cancel up to 28 days before" rate is still reasonable despite also increasing... as of 10th Dec 4:30pm, the advance rate for Friday night is £66 & Saturday night £94. These are per room rates, not per person. Advance bookings can be cancelled up to 28 days prior to the check-in date. As of 4th Dec we have 65 rooms booked across the weekend.

Premier Inn Ulverston Booking Page

If you're interested get your name down by posting to the thread or sending me (MarkFY) a PM.

Please also let me know if you have reserved a hotel room, the names of all guests and if you are coming just for the Saturday or the Sunday.

SATURDAY ITINERARY

09:15Convoy to depart Premier Inn - those not staying on the Friday night are welcome to join the convoy
09:30Arrive at Lakeland Motor Museum
11:15Depart for Haverthwaite Railway Station (on foot, 1 mile) *
11:55Depart for Lakeside (train)
12:13Arrive Lakeside
12:35Depart for Bowness (boat)
13:15Arrive Bowness-on-Windermere
...wander around, grab a snack, see the sights
15:00Depart for Lakeside (boat)
15:40Arrive Lakeside
15:50Depart for Haverthwaite (train)
16:08Arrive Haverthwaite
16:30Arrive back at Lakeland Motor Museum
...a chance to head back to the hotel, put your feet up, freshen up & maybe dress up before the evening
18:00"A Night at the Motor Museum" Dinner
* It's a nice walk to the railway station (exactly 1 mile) but there is a pay & display car park if weather is not favourable or for those preferring to drive. We are able to leave our cars all day at the motor museum without charge

SUNDAY ITINERARY

Breakfast at Hotel
(and check-out for those not staying Sunday night)
11:00Depart hotel - "Pass to the Lake"
...head north east on the A590 towards Newby Bridge where we continue heading north on the A592 along the eastern bank of Lake Windermere and through the breathtaking Kirkstone Pass. Continuing on the A592 along the west bank of Ullswater before arriving at our lunch destination.
12:15Arrive - Inn on the Lake, Ullswater
13:302 or 3-course Lunch in the 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant
15:00Lake Trippers homeward bound

Itinerary subject to change.

LATEST LIST OF ATTENDEES...

1. MarkFY - X-TYPE 2.5 V6 Sport (2001) 🛏
  2. C16RKC - DAIMLER XJ Super V8 (2001) +3 🛏
  3. #Steve - XJ X351 V8 Portfolio (2010) 🛏
  4. FlatCap - XJ X350 Super V8 (2003) +1 🛏
  5. Super350 - XJ X350 Super V8 SWB (2003) +1 🛏
  6. Ashanti - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2006) +1? 🛏
  7. Restorer - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2004) 🛏
  8. Trooper - XF X260 2.0D Portfolio (2017) 🛏
  9. mac_doctor - XJL X351 3.0D Autobiography (2017) 🛏
  10. Glenn65 - XJL X351 3.0D Autobiography (2016) +3 🛏
  11. Mackem159 - X-TYPE 2.2D Estate Sovereign (2006) 🛏
  12. Alec Escolme - DAIMLER XJ Super 8 (2008) [local]
  13. Sailor - XJL X351 3.0D Autobiography (2019) +1 🛏
  14. John Wilko - XKR 4.2 Super V8 (2007) +1 🛏
  15. Rik of the Westie - XKR 4.2 Super V8 Convertible (2007) +1 🛏
  16. FideltheCat - XJL X351 3.0D Autobiography (2016) +1 🛏
  17. Villanova27 - XK 4.2 V8 Convertible (2006) +1 🛏
  18. Mikeh596 - XJR 4.2 Loutish Supercharged V8 (2004) 🛏
  19. frankc - XKR Convertible (2003)
  20. jimdoc - XJ X350 3.0 V6 Sovereign (2005) +1 [other]
  21. gds54 - F-PACE S 3.0 Supercharged (2016) +1 🛏
  22. Sean O' - XF X250 3.0D Premium Luxury (2010) +1 🛏
  23. flyingfish - XJR 4.2 Supercharged V8 (2007) +1
  24. orsom weels - S-TYPE 2.5L V6 SE (2002) +1 🛏
  25. benwillcox - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2004) +1
  26. mizzytheman - XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio (2011) +1 🛏
  27. Andy Ross - S-TYPE 2.7D SE (2004) +1 🛏
  28. James Dean - XJ X350 4.2 Sovereign LWB (2005) [local]
  29. Jades - X-TYPE 2.2D Sport Premium (2008) 🛏
  30. Firefighter - XJ40 3.2 (1990) +1 🛏
  31. Andy0829 - XKR 5.0 Supercharged (2014) +1 🛏
  32. Black Pig - X-TYPE 2.2D Estate Sovereign (2009) +1 🛏
  33. Minstrel - XJL X351 3.0D (2010) 🛏
  34. wackymatt - XJ X350 Super V8 LWB (2006) 🛏
  35. Jon.E - X-TYPE 3.0 V6 Estate SE (2004) +1 🛏
  36. SirBastion - XJ X351 3.0D Premium Luxury (2011) +1 🛏
  37. paulkebab - S-TYPE 4.2 V8 STR (2003) 🛏
  38. wsn03 - XKR 4.2 Super V8 (2007) 🛏

🛏 Indicates hotel booked at Event hotel

Check out all the stats at www.JaguarsAtTheLakes.co.uk

Jaguar Cars: 38
Lesser Cars: 0
Attendees: 65

Distance Traveled, each way: 6446 miles

Jag Stats:
  • 258 cylinders (avg of 6.8 cylinders)
  • 133.5 litres (avg of 3.5 litres)
  • 12285 BHP (avg of 323 BHP)
  • 190.4 metres (bumper to bumper - equivalent to 128 four-legged jaguars)
Hotel Stats:
  • 65 rooms booked across the weekend
  • Friday - 27 rooms - 49 guests / 27 cars
  • Saturday - 32 rooms - 56 guests / 32 cars
  • Sunday - 6 rooms - 11 guests / 6 cars
Azhbm1ejEguqZ4DC_400.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,112 · (Edited)
Night at the Motor Museum Dinner

Announcing our Saturday evening dinner...

After spending the Saturday afternoon in Bowness, we return by boat and then train to Haverthwaite Station and make our way back to our faithful Jags waiting at the Motor Museum by around 4.30pm.

You then have 90 minutes - a chance to nip back to the hotel to put your feet up, freshen up and perhaps even dress up (if you want to) - before returning to the Lakeland Motor Museum, after the public have vacated, for our exclusive "Night at the Motor Museum" Dinner from 6pm.

1. 2-Course dinner and drinks served in the museum's own restaurant
  2. Private access to all the museum's exhibits

This promises to be a night to remember. A chance to find out what happens when the doors close - do the exhibits really come to life ??

The menu will be finalised in the New Year but we are looking at a 2-course dinner with a traditional carvery and dessert. There will be options available to suit individual dietary requirements and allergies, etc, and I will consult on these as we move closer to the event date to make sure all needs are met.

Having spoken to the restaurant owner earlier today, the expected cost will be around £19.50 per head (for adults). When you consider that a normal pub carvery can cost £9.95 and £5 for dessert, this is genuinely great value in this venue!

I hope you agree, this will make for a unique and exciting setting for our Jaguars at the Lakes 2022 Dinner.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,113 · (Edited)
Pass To The Lake

Announcing our Sunday Drive and Lunch...

Following on from the plethora of activities on the Saturday... a chance for a lazy start to Sunday.

We depart from the hotel around 11am and head north east on the A590 towards Newby Bridge where we continue heading north on the A592 along the eastern bank of Lake Windermere and through the breathtaking Kirkstone Pass. Continuing on the A592 along the west bank of Ullswater before arriving at our lunch destination - the Inn on the Lake. This is a 30 mile drive, and will take about an hour.

Kirkstone Pass

The Kirkstone Pass is the highest major road in the Lake District, reaching a height of 1,489 feet (454 m) and offers unrivalled views of the surrounding area.

Inn on the Lake, Ullswater

The Inn on the Lake is situated on the banks of Ullswater with gardens sweeping down to the lakeshore. Once parked, we can explore the grounds and breathtaking views over the lake before taking up our seats in the 2 AA Rosette "Lake View Restaurant" for a scrumptious 3-course lunch from 1.30pm.

Lake View Restaurant at the Inn on the Lake

Allowing for people to head homeward from around 3pm.

Thanks to @Ashanti for suggesting this venue. I hope you'll agree this will be a fitting culmination to what should be a fantastic Jaguar weekend at the Lakes.

MENU

Ruby Port & Orange Duck Liver Parfait

Toasted all butter brioche, house chutney

Haddock & Dill Fishcake
Creamed leeks, soft poached egg

Smoked Chicken Ceaser Salad
Baby gem, croutons, parmesan, ceaser dressing

Cumbrian Broth (meat or vegetable)
Bread & Butter

~ ~ ~

Cumbrian Free Range Chicken Breast
Fondant Potato, Carrot Puree, Wild Mushroom & Bacon Jus

28 Day Dry Aged Roast Sirloin of Beef
Yorkshire pudding, duck fat roast potato & red wine shallot gravy

Seared Fillet of Seabass
Crushed new potatoes, caper & lemon butter

Roasted Potato Gnocchi (Vg)
Sun blush tomato & basil pesto

~ ~ ~

Lemon Brulee Tart
Raspberry & tarragon medley, mint & lime crème fraîche

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Butterscotch sauce & ice cream

Dark Chocolate Delice
Griotte cherries, cherry cremeaux, vanilla ice cream

Seasonal Berries & White Chocolate Pavlova
Poached seasonal berries, toasted pistachios

~ ~ ~

Freshly Ground Coffee & Tea

~ ~ ~

3 course plus tea/coffee £26.95 per person
2 course plus tea/coffee £23.95 per person​

As with the Saturday dinner, I'll take details of food alergies, etc, in the new year.

·
Premium Member
2006 XK Convertible 4.2 N.A., Indigo Blue over Ivory/Slate Blue
338 Posts
Pass To The Lake

Announcing our Sunday Drive and Lunch...

Following on from the plethora of activities on the Saturday... a chance for a lazy start to Sunday.

We depart from the hotel around 11am and head north east on the A590 towards Newby Bridge where we continue heading north on the A592 along the eastern bank of Lake Windermere and through the breathtaking Kirkstone Pass. Continuing on the A592 along the west bank of Ullswater before arriving at our lunch destination - the Inn on the Lake. This is a 30 mile drive, and will take about an hour.

Kirkstone Pass

The Kirkstone Pass is the highest major road in the Lake District, reaching a height of 1,489 feet (454 m) and offers unrivalled views of the surrounding area.

Inn on the Lake, Ullswater

The Inn on the Lake is situated on the banks of Ullswater with gardens sweeping down to the lakeshore. Once parked, we can explore the grounds and breathtaking views over the lake before taking up our seats in the 2 AA Rosette "Lake View Restaurant" for a scrumptious 3-course lunch from 1.30pm.

Lake View Restaurant at the Inn on the Lake

Allowing for people to head homeward from around 3pm.

Thanks to @Ashanti for suggesting this venue. I hope you'll agree this will be a fitting culmination to what should be a fantastic Jaguar weekend at the Lakes.

MENU

Ruby Port & Orange Duck Liver Parfait

Toasted all butter brioche, house chutney

Haddock & Dill Fishcake
Creamed leeks, soft poached egg

Smoked Chicken Ceaser Salad
Baby gem, croutons, parmesan, ceaser dressing

Cumbrian Broth (meat or vegetable)
Bread & Butter

~ ~ ~

Cumbrian Free Range Chicken Breast
Fondant Potato, Carrot Puree, Wild Mushroom & Bacon Jus

28 Day Dry Aged Roast Sirloin of Beef
Yorkshire pudding, duck fat roast potato & red wine shallot gravy

Seared Fillet of Seabass
Crushed new potatoes, caper & lemon butter

Roasted Potato Gnocchi (Vg)
Sun blush tomato & basil pesto

~ ~ ~

Lemon Brulee Tart
Raspberry & tarragon medley, mint & lime crème fraîche

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Butterscotch sauce & ice cream

Dark Chocolate Delice
Griotte cherries, cherry cremeaux, vanilla ice cream

Seasonal Berries & White Chocolate Pavlova
Poached seasonal berries, toasted pistachios

~ ~ ~

Freshly Ground Coffee & Tea

~ ~ ~

3 course plus tea/coffee £26.95 per person
2 course plus tea/coffee £23.95 per person

As with the Saturday dinner, I'll take details of food alergies, etc, in the new year.
A wonderful addition to an already fantastic-looking weekend. Great work Mark, thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,115 ·
A wonderful addition to an already fantastic-looking weekend. Great work Mark, thank you.
Thanks Robert...

Had been looking at a few options - Wray Castle (the group was too big for them) and Lowther Castle... but this is a great venue for us and a great drive to get there.

Rich, Simon, Alec and Jim were there back in 2016... although the grass they are parked on is now a full car park.

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
Superb!

Enough said.

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
Top banana Mark!

What a professional job on those write ups, I'm really looking forward to it all!
Lindsey and the Lads?

Weekend's not all about you Chris ;)

1101 - 1120 of 2683 Posts