Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 2002 3.0 V6 auto has failed it's M.O.T. only on two items ....( thirteen advisories ) bit pigged off with it to be honest, have spent well over £500 on it in the last month since i got it, plus it's purchase price, the welding repairs quotes have put it well beyond economical repair with £750.00 being the cheapest quote and £1350.00 being the highest plus the O/S tie bar / rod needs replacing another £85.00 just makes it a non starter.

Rear Sill

Front Sill

little video

so i think this will be about my last post on here, which should keep some people happy namely those who must make the snide nasty comments. but thanks to those of you who have been friendly and offered help where you could.

·
Premium Member
23,737 Posts
That’s a great shame Tony I hope you can get another one and stick around.
You could think about parting it out to recoup some of your money.
Also a timely reminder for others to get those areas checked.

You know where I am if you need anything.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I thought rot like that was a thing of the past on more modern cars, seems not, which is a pity.
Plough your money into the Ford Consul Tony, that's what I would do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Looks like a proper renovation job there Tony. Well done.
Not often you see slot mags these days either. I had them on my V8 Cortina back in the day.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can I have one of your wheels please. I hate them space saver things. Willing to swap for a space saver (obviously) and some tales of merry jinx in Carlton in Lindrick.

·
Registered
153 Posts
so i think this will be about my last post on here, which should keep some people happy namely those who must make the snide nasty comments. but thanks to those of you who have been friendly and offered help where you could.
Never really had any snide comments on here, despite being an idiot.
Most of the advice I receive is either way over my head or way too expensive but people seem to put up with my uselessness, so I feel a little bit sad that you have had a less than positive experience.
Good luck with your restoration :)

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Shame to see such rotten sills like that. You can always take a look at the non jaguar car brands section to show your latest projects.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Tony that's very sad.

I thought it had a long MoT when you got it.

Now you know what to look for why not get another, that would balance the money and you could sell the other for parts to recoup most of the rest?

Hate to see you go.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
so i think this will be about my last post on here, which should keep some people happy namely those who must make the snide nasty comments.
Tony I'm bemused because I've not noticed.

Can you point us at those remarks please?

Was it my last comment on the thread printing to the sticky with VIN info that seemed snide?

That was aimed at other dim sighted members, not you, who didn't point you to the stickies which you had already found and seen by then, they rarely do despite the amount of work and effort that many members put into them to have so much info in one place.

Please point us to the thread(s), we don't like offensive remarks to new members on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
i am new here and i am a member on some other forums not all car related and this is certainly one of the friendliest so its sad to see you have had a bad experience.It is good to have a bit of a thicker skin than normal on any forum though as they are certainly more hostile than real life. But i havnt really seen anything bad here,maybe a few comments that could be taken the wrong way that might have been meant in sarcastic tones but nothing outright hostile.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I see that there are aftermarket sill available, for example, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-S...362612?hash=item1ed445caf4:g:NFoAAOSwr7ZW3Yma

Would it really cost so much to weld them and paint them? It certainly would here though :(
I must admit I wondered that, particularly when I looked at all the pics of the work carried out on the Consul Capri which appears to have been in much worse condition. Such a shame to scrap these lovely cars, perhaps someone with welding skills would take it on to repair?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I would imagine that virtually no parts are common.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.