Jaguar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well so far so good.
Early start beat Tel Aviv traffic. 1.30 hr drive.
Arrived at jagdroid installation.
Send updates...as we progress...

Leapers soaking up the light...

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Grille Vehicle

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Body jewelry

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Having a polish and touch up of central consol while its out

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
After my Jagdroid installation I kept getting intermittent 'Communication lost' messages so on some journeys I had no music or entertainment. I chased the fibre ring and bought a new battery. Eventually as I was removing the unit for the umpteenth time it sprung into life as I wiggled it out. Yep, multiplug not quite clicked in. Moral of story - push all the plugs home and double check.
'

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
After my Jagdroid installation I kept getting intermittent 'Communication lost' messages so on some journeys I had no music or entertainment. I chased the fibre ring and bought a new battery. Eventually as I was removing the unit for the umpteenth time it sprung into life as I wiggled it out. Yep, multiplug not quite clicked in. Moral of story - push all the plugs home and double check.
'
Ok. Update.
Had a bit of an issue with hearing sound button.
Jaguar code pin couldnt be put in.
Ben on line to help with chat..
Said wait hslf an hour for buttons to go from grey to black...
As he wtote went black!
Were in and fully working.
Stsrting on cameras now

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I'm very envious! Thanks for sharing this with us. Please continue the story.
Bit stressfull...like giving birth...well for a father..
But in tjis woke day and age anything goes 🤣

Reactions: Sailor and restorer

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I'm very envious! Thanks for sharing this with us. Please continue the story.
Ok. First dont be envious...silly trait that leads nowhere...if you want it do it...:cool:

Now the story of the facts...
Pictures only tell one side of the story...

The jagdroid update works fine but dongle attachment (extra) has running in problems for android auto system. From what i understand from Ben at Jagdroid there needs to be a new software upgrade. But works for apple car play so it is claimed but i dont have i phone.

The system is very different and will need some getting used to for the non hi tech savvy user like myself.

Installation did have its crisis moments...but Dr Ben was on hand with chat assistance and we got through in 6 hours...

Points to consider

1.Start up of new unit due to jaguar unit internal code. Can take time to start up even as much ad 1 hour. Use charger on battery when doing installation.
2.back seat must be removed to thread wires to reverse camera.
3. Hard ware issue with dongle for android phones. Cannot hear caller on car speakers but one can be heard by the caller through the microphone.
4. Reverse camera wiring a bit tricky.
5. Need to have hotspot on on phone for jagdroid to work. Unless you have dongle attatched to phone then use app.
6. Screen saver is black with white leaper as opposed to green.

I did not install forward camera as not easy job and time was running out. Also hole drill in front not so easy and front camera not really needed after all said and done.

I ( my son) needs to do the tweeking of the apps and hitech bits...so i cannot come to sound conclusion yet.

I am sure that for a young guy who drives a lot and works from his car this update is a must or for someone who loves and understands tech.. but for a very young pensioner like me who drives 20 to 30 km a day it may be a step too far for its intended benefits.

But we shall live and learn...
Nothing ventured nothing gained...

Im not sure at this very early stage if I want to keep it and may revert back....the court is still out...For that reason I kept my original and bought a spare from f.c.(ta).
Font Gadget Gas Display device Electric blue

JAGGING and screaming into the modern world......

Mbd

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Ok. First dont be envious...silly trait that leads nowhere...if you want it do it...:cool:

Now the story of the facts...
Pictures only tell one side of the story...

The jagdroid update works fine but dongle attachment (extra) has running in problems for android auto system. From what i understand from Ben at Jagdroid there needs to be a new software upgrade. But works for apple car play so it is claimed but i dont have i phone.

The system is very different and will need some getting used to for the non hi tech savvy user like myself.

Installation did have its crisis moments...but Dr Ben was on hand with chat assistance and we got through in 6 hours...

Points to consider

1.Start up of new unit due to jaguar unit internal code. Can take time to start up even as much ad 1 hour. Use charger on battery when doing installation.
2.back seat must be removed to thread wires to reverse camera.
3. Hard ware issue with dongle for android phones. Cannot hear caller on car speakers but one can be heard by the caller through the microphone.
4. Reverse camera wiring a bit tricky.
5. Need to have hotspot on on phone for jagdroid to work. Unless you have dongle attatched to phone then use app.
6. Screen saver is black with white leaper as opposed to green.

I did not install forward camera as not easy job and time was running out. Also hole drill in front not so easy and front camera not really needed after all said and done.

I ( my son) needs to do the tweeking of the apps and hitech bits...so i cannot come to sound conclusion yet.

I am sure that for a young guy who drives a lot and works from his car this update is a must or for someone who loves and understands tech.. but for a very young pensioner like me who drives 20 to 30 km a day it may be a step too far for its intended benefits.

But we shall live and learn...
Nothing ventured nothing gained...

Im not sure at this very early stage if I want to keep it and may revert back....the court is still out...For that reason I kept my original and bought a spare from f.c.(ta).
View attachment 58438

JAGGING and screaming into the modern world......

Mbd
Nice write up mbd, fair and to the point.

I've heard similar before, Jagdroid generally gets a great write up and seems well backed up by Ben, but not for everyone

Jim

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Ok...
Well weve had some time today testing system a bit after yesterdays crazy 14 hour installation round trip ....
I borrowed my daughters i phone and the system uploaded amazingly and all systems go
Including hearing phone calls in car through the speakers.
Still bits to sort out but i can see this will be an interesting adventure

Plant Gadget Entertainment Communication Device Display device

So it looks like we will get an i phone...

And Faith enters a new age of hi tech jagging.

NUTS!

Thanks f.c. and Ben...and the rest...

Gadget Audio equipment Font Display device Electronic device

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
the main thing i use on mine is the modern nav and the music on the USB drive.

Reactions: restorer and JimC64

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
I dont know, its a usb stick, i have an internet thing for internet with a sim in it as well. I seem to remember i put a 4 way usb hub on the back or the unit and ran a cable to the lift up cubby in the center console., this was my only critique of the unit,if the hub was in the footwell or on a longer lead to go in the glovebox swapping stuff would not mean taking the unit out

Reactions: restorer

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
Dongle addition takes a cable from the odroid straight into your phone and reads your phone on the screen as pictured above in my last post.
Then you dont need internet connection with hot spot ....
Only snag is hearing calls with android system. If you have i phone then apple car play works and basically your screen is your phone. (Or rather phone is your screen) No need for usb stick. Lighning Cable comes out from odroid placed above passenger foot well below glove box

O dear ive become a hi tech in 24 hours!🤓

121 - 140 of 147 Posts