Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help. My 2009 xk portfolio has shown limited performance earlier today and warning light able to be reset although the yellow engine dash light has stayed on. There doesn't seem to be any lack of performance or any strange engine noise.

it does look like a camshaft sensor fault on bank one. Should I be worried? Car was serviced at stratstone jaguar only four week ago and has covered aprox 1000 miles since then.

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
Check the connector first to make sure all is in order. Reset the code with a code reader then see if it comes back.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dropped it off at the garage last night and after checking it is looking like timing chain. Waiting on word back have a full warranty that should hopefully cover any cost.

Had been with BMW for over 18 years and no major issues, had the XK now for a year and love it but as use as a daily driver it might have to go. Have a Nissan note as a courtesy car, lets hope I am back on the road quickly.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dropped it off at the garage last night and after checking it is looking like timing chain. Waiting on word back have a full warranty that should hopefully cover any cost. Had been with BMW for over 18 years and no major issues, had the XK now for a year and love it but as use as a daily driver it might have to go. Have a Nissan note as a courtesy car, lets hope I am back on the road quickly.
Well after 3 weeks the warranty company have agreed to the repair failed tensioner on left hand bank. Hopefully back it the XK early next week driving a Nissan note as a courtesy car is starting to get to me

· Registered
4 Posts
Did you get your XK back? I hope it is all running smoothly.

I wonder if this is something of a known fault as mine had the same error code. I have a 2012 5.0 XK (62k miles) which is currently in for a timing chain replacement and the garage (main dealer) have currently had it for 36 days and counting!

how long did yours take?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get your XK back? I hope it is all running smoothly. I wonder if this is something of a known fault as mine had the same error code. I have a 2012 5.0 XK (62k miles) which is currently in for a timing chain replacement and the garage (main dealer) have currently had it for 36 days and counting! how long did yours take?
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes have the car back now chains tensioners guides replaced and car now sweet as a nut and boy did I miss it when I was running the Nissan note. Was away 9 weeks in total mostly down to warranty company Christmas and new year.

Car is now much smoother and also quiet but saying that also had 4 new tyres fitted before I got it back. Downside to this is I'm now looking at exhaust options.

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad to hear that yours is sorted. Mine is still with the garage 7 and a half weeks in now. Initially they told me it would take about 5 days. They have now missed 5-6 of their own self imposed deadlines on when it would be ready and i'm seriously losing confidence in them. Only time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.