when I start car,it feels as though it is missing,but goes away when I
get moving,any sudjestions??
thaks for reading this.
Regards
tonymike80

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Tonymike80 , if you could update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box we would know which variant we are looking at and would be able to give reasonable advice.

Roger

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
we would know which variant we are looking at and would be able to give reasonable advice.
Well, an X308 is an X308.

Tony/Mike use your I930 code reader to pull a code or two. Then we can have a look at what is causing the problem. It could be anything from a coil pack to the MAF meter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fault

The car is 3.2 ltr auto, i930 does not show anything about restricted performance,
I have cleared all the dtc's whatever dtc means?.
thank you for your reply,
regards
tonymike80

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Well, an X308 is an X308.

Tony/Mike use your I930 code reader to pull a code or two. Then we can have a look at what is causing the problem. It could be anything from a coil pack to the MAF meter.
I know that but there are two engines which do not necessarily share the same problems, so it was fair that I requested the information.

Roger

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
tonymike 80, having cleared all DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) do you still have the problem.

Roger

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The car is 3.2 ltr auto, i930 does not show anything about restricted performance,
I have cleared all the dtc's whatever dtc means?.
thank you for your reply,
regards
tonymike80
"Restricted performance" won't show up as a fault code. It's a "fault" that will bring on the restricted performance mode, usually to protect the catalytic convertors.

But now you've cleared all the fault codes.

So wait until the fault happens again. Then read the codes and record them.

Of course it could be the classic low battery voltage if you're not using your car every day. That will flash up all sorts of nonsense when you first start up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Roger,yes fault is still showing,also ABS light is on,but that is an ongoing fault,
new left front sensor was fitted, so I think A B S fault is with the harness to block.
regards Tony

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for info,I always have a spare battery fully charged,also voltage was reading
11.6,and 13.8 with engine running
I have since owning car had problems with A B S light showing,but goes out after
2 miles.
regards Tony

·
Premium Member
23,737 Posts
Tony, 11.6v before the running engine is far too low and will almost always result in a spurious fault of some kind being logged.
You need to see 12.6v before you start, then see what happens

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for info,I always have a spare battery fully charged,also voltage was reading 11.6,and 13.8 with engine running I have since owning car had problems with A B S light showing,but goes out after 2 miles. regards Tony
I'm surprised that the engine turned over with a battery reading 11.6 volts when doing nothing. With lead acid batteries that indicates a very low state of charge. With the leisure batteries on my boat I don't like the voltage to get as low as 12.0.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm surprised that the engine turned over with a battery reading 11.6 volts when doing nothing. With lead acid batteries that indicates a very low state of charge. With the leisure batteries on my boat I don't like the voltage to get as low as 12.0.
Further to my comment ....just looked up the data and 11.6 volts corresponds to the battery being charged to only 20 percent of capacity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.