Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked many times so sorry if anyone is bored by it but I'm going to ask anyway.
I have a 2007 X Type with touchscreen, sat nav etc but no Bluetooth and I'd like to hook up my phone for hands free, does anyone know the part numbers of the components I will need? There is no microphone or voice module in the boot installed so I presume there will be no Bluetooth module under the armrest.
I do have a cable I was given with the car to hook up the module in the boot but nothing else.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Have you tried the SEARCH ENGINE (Advance Search) at top right?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have, just not finding what I’m looking for in the short time I’ve had to look, I’ve read through a few posts just not found any definitive part numbers for the same age of vehicle. Just kinda hoped I’d get a reply from someone who has recently completed the retrofit and has the information fresh in their mind

· Registered
103 Posts
Two installation options

Single black module 7W93-10D893-AB

or

Old style phone module for boot 2W93-19K350-AD plus BTUM for armrest 3W83-14B409-AB (I have both of these units if you are interested)

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two installation options

Single black module 7W93-10D893-AB

or

Old style phone module for boot 2W93-19K350-AD plus BTUM for armrest 3W83-14B409-AB (I have both of these units if you are interested)
Are you saying that I can fit the single black module and would need nothing else apart from a microphone?

· Registered
3,034 Posts
The newer combined bluetooth module will work in any car, saves a lot of striping out of the armrest, and can pair with more than 1 phone to boot!

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ll start hunting for one rather than mess about with the 2 then, I’ll need to source a microphone too, won’t work out cheap I’ve got no doubt 😬

· Registered
103 Posts
I think this has been answered above, but yes, that's correct. You will need a Bluetooth antenna as well.

· Registered
512 Posts
Mic wire plug is driver side of roof light well was on my 2004 x type
My 2002 Jag was pre-wired for a phone (Although it was for the GSM version). My microphone sits inside the courtesy light unit. Moving swifty along........

I always understood it, that X-Types were pre-wired for a phone. I'm just puzzled by the OP saying that they were given a cable when he bought the car.

· Registered
103 Posts
My 2002 Jag was pre-wired for a phone (Although it was for the GSM version). My microphone sits inside the courtesy light unit. Moving swifty along........

I always understood it, that X-Types were pre-wired for a phone. I'm just puzzled by the OP saying that they were given a cable when he bought the car.
Mine had no phone wiring, apart from the mic. That may or may not have had something to do with Voice, which was already fitted.

· Registered
512 Posts
Mine had no phone wiring, apart from the mic. That may or may not have had something to do with Voice, which was already fitted.
If you've got voice control fitted. Your car will be pre-wired for the phone (That would account for the microphone). The voice control and the phone share the same loom.

· Registered
103 Posts
If you've got voice control fitted. Your car will be pre-wired for the phone (That would account for the microphone). The voice control and the phone share the same loom.
Yes, you are right. There was a phone connector in the boot, but nothing in or under the armrest. The optical cable had to be changed for one with an extra terminal as well.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve finally found the single module 7W93-10D893-AB for a fairly reasonable price, just need to source the aerial and mic now, I have however noticed that there is a small plug and large plug on the unit, I’m guessing the small one is to link up to the sat nav but not sure about the other one? More money I’m guessing! Any help on that one?

· Registered
103 Posts
The small one is for the aerial, the larger one for the optical cable. You may need to splice a connector in or get hold of one with more terminals. I did the latter. I think I still have one with 4 connectors if that helps.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It was the large multi pin connector I was referring to, from the pictures I've seen, there is an aerial socket, next to it is the optical connection and then the multi pin. Maybe it will become more obvious when it arrives and I take a look at hooking it all up?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.