Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently bought a 59 Reg X Type 2.2 SE Auto Estate but the cd boot changer is missing. I can get hold of one and the optical lead, obviously one end of the lead goes in the cd changer but can’t work out where the other end goes. There’s another unit low down and the optical lead from the satnav goes into the back of that but having had a feel around the back of it I can’t find anywhere that the cd lead might go. Can anyone help. Cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
The optic system is a Daisy Chain, from Dash into one item, out to the next and so on, then returns to Dash.

There is a link on here somewhere bud.

I cant seem to find the link to the document but if you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will gladly send you a copy.

Unless someone comes along with a working link......

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Here's a diagram of the correct order for the fibre optic daisy chain:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Just leave out the modules that you do not have.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You need a double fibre optical lead. One to the Sat nav and other to the CD. If you can't find one PM me I've got one.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By fitting the multiplayer boot cd does this make the single play cd on the dash u/s or will that still work too, also is there a separate lead I need that supplies power to the boot cd changer. Sorry for so many questions guys

·
Registered
692 Posts
The single CD should still work, as to the power cable on the saloon it connects under the back not sure about the estate.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The cdc power cable will be taped up somewhere around where your sat nag DVD player is situated, you may need to remove the cage the DVD player is in to find it, it’s only a small power cable.

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok guys I’ve given up on trying to fit this cdc myself, for a start I can’t find the power cable anywhere. Is there anyone in the Liverpool area at all who’s up to the job, obviously I’m willing to pay, cheers John

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cheers any idea where I can get the power cable, don't seem to be any on eBay
The power cable should be taped up at the back near your other leads. They were on my saloon Should be same on estate. Just a couple of small double wire connectors. The fibre optic cable has to be split and the new fibre connected into it once you look at it it's quite easy to see the way it works. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeh I’ve got a new fibre optic cable and think that wouldn’t be too much of a problem, but at the moment there’s just no signs of a power lead and I’m just not techy enough to start dismantling everything. Hopefully someone will be able to sort it for me, cheers anyway. John

·
Registered
357 Posts
The power plug should be there just as previously said, behind the frame holding the other components. They are held in with 2 or 3 screws each, just remove the screws and they should all slide forward.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see what you mean and I’ve just had another go but no luck, maybe it’s a bit easier on the saloon but mines the estate and getting to some of them screws to move anything out is damm near impossible, God knows how they got them in in the first place lol, or maybe I’m just missing something, anyway thanks for your advice, think I’ll just have to try and get someone to do it for me. Cheers John

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.