Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend an Indy in or near Ely, Cambs to fit these bushes front and rear?

The usual Jag Indy who looks after my car (and I really rate them) isn't keen. Apparently had issues of them wearing out very quickly. His prices for fitting new wishbones are much less than a JMD, but nevertheless quite a lot more than re-bushing the existing suspension.

Others thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know its not to everyones taste but good 2nd hand wishbones from a breakers aren't such a bad idea at the price (usually around £50) and if you have a lift very quick to fit as its only about 8 bolts and a quick alignment check (but you'd need to do that anyway).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I know its not to everyones taste but good 2nd hand wishbones from a breakers aren't such a bad idea at the price (usually around £50) and if you have a lift very quick to fit as its only about 8 bolts and a quick alignment check (but you'd need to do that anyway)".

Thanks for this. Any suggestions re a reputable breaker?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
or eurojag in darlington ship by next day delivery and really cant fault the parts or service from them if jagtec dont have the parts available

·
Registered
280 Posts
"I know its not to everyones taste but good 2nd hand wishbones from a breakers aren't such a bad idea at the price (usually around £50) and if you have a lift very quick to fit as its only about 8 bolts and a quick alignment check (but you'd need to do that anyway)".

Thanks for this. Any suggestions re a reputable breaker?
Sorry bout the slow reply, busy work schedule and only just catching up now! I've used Jojags in Speke (Merseyside) in the past and never had a problem with anything from there, they do sell through Ebay a bit but its easier just to give them a ring. Even gave me helpful advice for more troublesome DIY bits, like removing the front hubs from the uprights (soak liberally a week before in plusgas!).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll be honest I'm quite surprised by the threads on here regarding JoJags, I've never had any problems with him. Bought quite a few bits from him too over the last 2 years. Never any of the daft things to buy secondhand like clutches which take massive effort to replace and so you want to be certain it will last a long time when it goes back together. Maybe its because I collect them in person, his postage rates are high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.