Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Xf250 2010 3.0 diesel
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all posted earlier in week flashing coil light. When light flashes lose of power. Left overnight car starts and runs as normal but once warmed up if i start back up flashing light back on no power . Any ideas please

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Did you do the checks suggested in the other thread?

(And why start a new one?)

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Injectors or sticking turbo.
Run some Forte turbo and injector cleaner through the system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this and changed cam sensor,fuel filter(delphi),egr valve(due to being bypassed) and then changed 4 injectors and changing injectors cured the flashing coil light. The injectors are not hard to change at all,really like doing a spark plug.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
2 bottles are best, one for turbo and the other for the injectors.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Chuck it all in mate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just cured the same symtoms with he help form the guys on here. if you car has a lose of power when it's warmed up and when the flashing coil lights while driving the car goes into limp mode, on mine it turned out to be one of the big fat rubber turbo pipes it was at the front of the engine on the drivers side, if you squese your hand round it you might find a split in the pipe, I was also told this can also happen to the fat turbo pipe which runs under the battery tray back to the cooler too. Hope this helps as it did me.

·
Registered
Xf250 2010 3.0 diesel
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Billy,done a bit of investigating yesterday. The actuator is not operating when the light comes on and the car goes into limp mode , checked function on arm operating fine not sticking so think its definitely the actuator do you think its worth trying to repair or just replace it.cheers mark

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
Open up the actuator and you will see the two main terminals. Resoldering these terminals may fix the problem if not, then you may be on the hunt for a replacement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mark,
just double check this first before you open anything...

Start your car with the bonnet open so you can see the actuator, then rev it up and watch the actuator arm to see if it moves before it goes into limp mode, if it does then check for a split in the pipes. ( On mine when it was in limp mode the whole turbo side of the car is shut down so the actuator didn't move on mine either when in limp mode ) mine turned out to be a split pipe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.