Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone advise, when I start my car from cold (leaving at least an hour) the glowplug light comes on after 5-10 seconds. If the drive the car for 100 metres then switch off and wait 30 seconds then restart the glowplug light goes off and stays off and drive normally. The fuel filter has been changed, the only fuel used is V-Power. EGR was changed 18 months ago and cleaned about 5 months ago along with a new air filter and fuel filter (due to this glowplug light issue).

When the car is started (cold) and glowplug light is flashing the car has difficuly turning the corner at the end of the street (slight incline) in first gear. Is the sumptom likley to be a duff EGR or MAF. I have done a check for fault codes using ELM and Scantool whilst the glowplug light is flashing and there are no stored or pending faults codes.

Thanks in advance.

Jaguar X-Type 2006 2.2D Manual non-DPF

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same symptoms if the turbo actuator arm is sticking, quick check is to remove the clip holding the arm and move the arm back and forward to see if there is any stiffness

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
When you start the engine the actuator should carry out a test sweep, moving back and forth once. If you lift the bonnet and stand outside the door when you start it you can see it near the centre of the car just in front of the wipers. If it doesn't move it is either a/ a sticky actuator arm (which you can check as outlined above) or b/ a faulty actuator. If it's the latter there are threads on here that will advise on the possible causes. Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
had the same problem.
Mine turned out to be a dodgy fuel filter, i changed the filter for a bosch one and it cured it, Definitely check the actuator arm though.If it it sticking at all, free it up manually , add a tin of forte turbo cleaner or oxicat ( oxicat purchased off forum member Bluechem ) and take it for a damn good long run keeping the revs up a bit

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
+1 for Forte turbo cleaner and Bosch (or Delphi) fuel filter if they're the chosen routes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.