Jaguar Forum banner

Follow-me-home lights and panic alarm not working

1761 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  motco
My 2.2D Sovereign - 2007 model - has the red follow me home button on the remote locking control. This used to switch on main beam headlights for a short time when pressed once, and operate the intrusion alarm if pressed three times quickly. Now neither of these functions works any more. Has anyone had this problem and successfully fixed it please?

Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Key fob buttons would be my guess....

Used constantly and then become a little intermittent perhaps, then pressed REALLY HARD and no wonder the micro switches break lol

I'd suggest looking at that first

Good luck
Jim
Key fob buttons would be my guess....

Used constantly and then become a little intermittent perhaps, then pressed REALLY HARD and no wonder the micro switches break lol

I'd suggest looking at that first

Good luck
Jim
Thanks Jim. Neither key works though, unfortunately. :(

Later edit: I tried it this morning and the first time the headlights came on briefly. After a delay (to avoid annoying the neighbours) I tried again and succeeded - in annoying the neighbours! The lights came on but so did the alarm. I managed to stop the noise but the lights would not respond and I left them to time out. A more difficult problem than the key buttons methinks! Perhaps I'll ignore it and hope the bug spreads no further.
Thanks Jim. Neither key works though, unfortunately. :(
i would assume that this would be a programmable feature, and sometimes they do stop working for no reason, my windows no longer go up if you hold the lock button. the car disabled that feature itself cause of a broken regulator on the window. so im wondering if you pressed the button with a headlight bulb out or something and its disabled that feature because it detected the "fault"
Interesting thought, but I can not recall any event like that. I suspect it's something like an intermittent connection somewhere in the bowels of the loom. The workshop manual on the subject is as opaque as a Bible in ancient Greek.
My keyfob would not work the headlights, but the spare did! I got the iffy one repaired by fingaz fobs, all fine now!
Yet further developments: I tried it after a run and the lights came on normally - no alarm. However I couldn't switch them off via the key fob so had to let them time out. I'm going to ignore it... ;-)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.