Football

Poundy

Reaction score
Well it was a great game to watch, shame about the result but throwing everything forward as we do is always going to leave us vulnerable to a long ball.
It is still classier football Villa are playing this season compared to many previous years, so I cannot grumble too much about bad results. I am sure we will be a better team next season if we can maintain the momentum we have at present.
I think we should have been awarded the penalty and no doubt that will be another talking point like many others that have been given or not this season.
Well done Brighton on their first Villa Park win I am sure the 3 points will be well received in there current position.

Poundy

Reaction score
....despite the EFL and others determination to prevent live streams I'm pleased to be able to report some enterprising guys in Stoke have managed to get round the block.

Consequently I've caught our game live beamed direct to my TV this afternoon.

Ultimately results conspired against us dropping us from a playoff place to 7th.

And, in fairness to the Terriers, they really made a game of it with us clinging on for the last twenty minutes or so!!

At home to League leaders Norwich on Tuesday night, next.........
Good result and only 3 points off the top and with a game in hand on some, must be happy with that.
Might see you up here next season 🤞

Rowley_1812

Reaction score
Well it was a great game to watch, shame about the result but throwing everything forward as we do is always going to leave us vulnerable to a long ball.
It is still classier football Villa are playing this season compared to many previous years, so I cannot grumble too much about bad results. I am sure we will be a better team next season if we can maintain the momentum we have at present.
I think we should have been awarded the penalty and no doubt that will be another talking point like many others that have been given or not this season.
Well done Brighton on their first Villa Park win I am sure the 3 points will be well received in there current position.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear Poundy ... losing to Brighton of all teams ... how could you?!! :rolleyes:

Mind you, I haven't seen it yet, but the questionable late tackle by March sounds much like how Milivojevic got a red for us against Wolves ... he made a legit tackle, got the ball but hit the shin in the follow through. Shall watch MoTD with interest. 👀

PS ... was thinking about putting Lamptey in my FF Team ... not now! 👎
(He does look a promising young player though)

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I give up, what a shocking decision tonight in the match. A blatant penalty denied for us, then a Man Utd retake to make sure they score theirs at the other end.

Poundy

Reaction score
I give up, what a shocking decision tonight in the match. A blatant penalty denied for us, then a Man Utd retake to make sure they score theirs at the other end.
A carbon copy of the one we had awarded by the ref then overruled by him after viewing the monitor.
No rhyme or reason, both our teams robbed of a point today me thinks.
I thought Sam Johnson had a cracking game and deserved a clean sheet and WBA deserved at least a point.

Rowley_1812

Reaction score
OK now, post-MoTD ... it's not only VAR but the referees that are shirking their responsibilities.

Villa ... March tackle ... VAR and Shearer both wrong ... definite penalty! (Incidentally, nothing like Milivojevic incident now I've seen it)

WBA ... Fernandes tackle ... definite penalty!

ManUtd ... penalty retake ... perfectly justified ... keeper way off his line!

Mind you, the players are taking the p*ss too, they're not helping by dropping like flies when touched!

Poundy

Reaction score
OK now, post-MoTD ... it's not only VAR but the referees that are shirking their responsibilities.

Villa ... March tackle ... VAR and Shearer both wrong ... definite penalty! (Incidentally, nothing like Milivojevic incident now I've seen it)

WBA ... Fernandes tackle ... definite penalty!

ManUtd ... penalty retake ... perfectly justified ... keeper way off his line!

Mind you, the players are taking the p*ss too, they're not helping by dropping like flies when touched!
I would agree with your findings :)

I am also leaning towards the law of averages evening it out over the course of the season.

I am a great believer in the law of averages, ever since as a lad my father taught me that if you toss a coin in as close to the same tempo as possible , starting the next spin from the position the previous one landed and for a pre determined amount of spins say 20, 30 or 40 you should get 50% heads and 50% tails..

Last edited:

Poundy

Reaction score
Not a big Arsenal fan but I was hoping they could hang on when Pepe got red carded after 50mins when Alioski finally got him sent off after winding him up all match. Then with 10 men Saka got injured after looking like he might pinch a winner a couple of times. Leeds will feel hard done by though it was theirs for the taking, a bit like some of our games just couldn't put the many chances away.

Last edited:

Rowley_1812

Reaction score
Could be an interesting one tonight. Burnley haven't scored at home yet this season and we've not yet had a clean sheet! Zaha is out (self-isolating I'm told) but at least Eze is fit again after his hamstring issue. I think I'm going to have to strap myself in for this one ... :D