Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you out. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Walbor

· Registered
619 Posts
I haven't tried forscan on the STR, I tried it on the diesel and it did not compute for as brave as I was prepared to try.

· Premium Member
18,883 Posts
Does anyone know if I could program keys for a 2003 STR with Forscan?
Thanks
Welcome aboard Walbor.

Can't really help with your question, only know 1 member who has that software @Glenn65 for his wife's car

Best
Jim

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,587 Posts
I’ve had limited use of Forscan on my wife’s Focus, not looking into it in any depth.

I’d recommend the Forscan group on Facebook though as there may be some folk on there that may have tried it.

I know my Autel MK808 is MEANT to be able to program keys but again not tried or searched menus.

Unfortunately I’m in Larkhall so assuming I could be a fair distance away for the sake of a “try”.

Reactions: JimC64 and Walbor

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Here you go: programming keys

Its a thunderbird but the process is the same. Keep in mind: make sure you have your car and laptop battery full and connected to a charger when doing this.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here you go: programming keys

Its a thunderbird but the process is the same. Keep in mind: make sure you have your car and laptop battery full and connected to a charger when doing this.
Thanks, do you know if this will work on a 2003 S Type R? I see from my search it has been used on a 3.0 but not sure if the system is the same.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Several user use Forscan on later S types. If you can connect and can read fault codes with Forscan you can program the keys.

There is only 1 way to find out......

· Registered
1,289 Posts
I have never tried using ForScan on the Jag's, as I also have IDS/SDD, but I have programmed a new key to my S type with IDS and a new key to my daughters Fiesta with ForScan. The key difference (excuse the pun), is that with the Jag, you have to delete all keys and start from scratch, and you need a minimum of two working keys to program any. With the Ford, I was able to simply add another key without deleting any. I had the option to delete all known keys, and I could have programmed just the one key if that was all I had, so the two systems do differ. Whether ForScan would program a key to the Jag, I don't know.

Regards,
OW

· Registered
1,764 Posts
With the Ford, I was able to simply add another key without deleting any. I had the option to delete all known keys, and I could have programmed just the one key if that was all I had, so the two systems do differ.
Forscan does the same thing. I had only 1 key so i added 1 key extra. X200 this works but i never tried it with a later S type. You need to go to Forscan > Service procedures > Pats programming > Then you get a popup, click OK > then you get a menu where you select Spare key programmable. Then you get popups with instructions you need to follow.

The video also shows you how to do it.

The delete all keys option is meant for if you lost a key or one key gets stolen or the maximum allowed keys is already reached.

You can add up to 4 or 8 depending on the PATS Maximum Key setting using the Program Keys function as long as the security access is not lost or times out during the programming

1 - 15 of 15 Posts