Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank everyone and especially any forum members who asked if I needed assistance when my XJ-S TWR broke down about 1/2 mile from the entrance of Capesthorne Hall Show last Sunday. My first thoughts were the water pump or the rad, fortunately it turn out to be the bottom hose, so luck was on my side.

One vehicle that passed me was a beautiful Maroon 420G, the driver signaled if I was ok, I had already phoned the AA so said everything was fine. About 15 minuets later the police closed the road because of an accident near the entrance of the Hall. I was to far away to know what had happened.

After about another 1/2 hr a breakdown truck with the 420G on the back went passed us, sad to say it had had all the front passenger side severely smashed in and was in an awful state. I found out that the occupants had not been hurt but very badly shook up, (not surprised seeing how bad the damage was) Now that was unfortunate but it was not the end of the story.

It appears that it was the cars first run out after having a full restoration and the owner Clive, was going into the wedding hire business with it........Clive if you are on this forum, my commiserations, you must be absolutely gutted to say the least, but I'm glad you and your occupants are OK.

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.