Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain the operation of the front parking sensors and how to get them to work, turn off etc???i even asked at the dealership and got several different answers about what the button by the interior light did and how to get them activated.Many thanks all, sorry of this is a stupid question but mine really do seem to have a mind of their own Cheers

·
Registered
707 Posts
When you select reverse it switches on both front & rear sensors. When you drive away and reach a speed of 10mph(??) they switch off again.

If you wish to switch them on (or off) manually, press the switch on the overhead console. In other words, if they are on, the switch switches them off and if they're off, the switch switches them on.

Simples!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So reverse needs to be selected to turned them on originally?My fronts don't come on by pressing the switch???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also I find that when i back out of my house and enter traffic, I don't get to 10mph for a while and the bloody things keep beeping when the car behind gets too close. I have found that by putting the car into park and then straight back into drive will also turn them off, obviously when not actualy moving!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Also I find that when i back out of my house and enter traffic, I don't get to 10mph for a while and the bloody things keep beeping when the car behind gets too close. I have found that by putting the car into park and then straight back into drive will also turn them off, obviously when not actualy moving!!
Just switch them off using the switch on the console!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That switch isn't working on my car at the moment and I'm going to get the dealership to look at it when the next service is due. I was only sharing a way that I had found to get around the switch not working.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I haven't got a switch for my sensors! Had a good look around but can't find one! My sensors appear to go off at 10mph and then don't turn back on till i have been below that speed for a little while! My reverse sensors only come on when i engage reverse gear!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I thought that somewhere in the "settings" in the XF Carputer that there is an option to change the road speed that things turn off, maybe getting confused with the central locking though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I haven't got a switch for my sensors! Had a good look around but can't find one! My sensors appear to go off at 10mph and then don't turn back on till i have been below that speed for a little while! My reverse sensors only come on when i engage reverse gear!
There should be one by the interior ights, i.e. in the roof console close to the interior mirror.

BTW, the switch will not switch on the sensors in mine unless I travel at less than 10km/h i.e. at a crawl.

·
Registered
707 Posts
There should be one by the interior ights, i.e. in the roof console close to the interior mirror.

BTW, the switch will not switch on the sensors in mine unless I travel at less than 10km/h i.e. at a crawl.
I think Ryan has an X Type, so not sure if they have a switch, my S Type didn't.

G

·
The S-type and X-type only have a button in the roof consul for turning off the sensors if they have both front and rear parking aid

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.