Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be replacing the front wing in a week or two, have done a search for wing removal but can't find any guides at all, has any one changed a wing at all? Any thoughts or advice? Will i need to remove thw bumper and sill trims?

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah booger, was hoping to get away with not taking bumper off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Changing a wing

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sleeve Yellow
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Hood Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Wood Tire
Hi, recently replaced my offside wing. Best if you can get access to a lift. You will need to pop off the sill cover (bayonet clips underneath and then it should just pull of the internal clips). Remove the wheel, then remove the inner arch (a few bolts and black bayonet clips). Bottom plastic pan needs to come off the front bumper/valance. Then the trim that covers the top of the radiator/headlights (5 bayonet clips if I remember correctly). Then bolts for the bumper (I didnt take the bumper completely off, managed to undo fixings/bolts on the side I wanted to replace and ease it away enough to remove the wing). Fortunately the wing is entirely bolt on. disconnect the indicator repeater, 2 bolts at the bottom near the door, I think it was 3 bolts at the front where the bumper meets it. then the row along the top. I loosened these first so that the wing would move. The rubber trim on the top near the scuttle needs to be teased away. When I replaced the wing, I put all the bolts in place finger tight then gentle eased it into place until I have all the gaps just right, and tightening the bolts a little at a time. I have added a few images. Finally, it would be worth getting some of the spring clips and bolts that hold the bottom panel to the bumper as a few of mine were rusted and needed to be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, have a fair few spare spring clips, sill trim needs to come off anyway as i think the sill will need welding.
View attachment 25319 View attachment 25320 View attachment 25321 View attachment 25322 View attachment 25323 Hi, recently replaced my offside wing. Best if you can get access to a lift. You will need to pop off the sill cover (bayonet clips underneath and then it should just pull of the internal clips). Remove the wheel, then remove the inner arch (a few bolts and black bayonet clips). Bottom plastic pan needs to come off the front bumper/valance. Then the trim that covers the top of the radiator/headlights (5 bayonet clips if I remember correctly). Then bolts for the bumper (I didnt take the bumper completely off, managed to undo fixings/bolts on the side I wanted to replace and ease it away enough to remove the wing). Fortunately the wing is entirely bolt on. disconnect the indicator repeater, 2 bolts at the bottom near the door, I think it was 3 bolts at the front where the bumper meets it. then the row along the top. I loosened these first so that the wing would move. The rubber trim on the top near the scuttle needs to be teased away. When I replaced the wing, I put all the bolts in place finger tight then gentle eased it into place until I have all the gaps just right, and tightening the bolts a little at a time. I have added a few images. Finally, it would be worth getting some of the spring clips and bolts that hold the bottom panel to the bumper as a few of mine were rusted and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can see that my bumper is still on, just undone on the right side. Mine had headlamp washers too, so the cover needs unclipping. The bumper bolts around the headlight and the two that hold the grill in place were removed, leaving the left side ones in place. I meant the radiator undertray when I mentioned bottom plastic pan, thats where most of the clips were corroded. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Changing a wing

View attachment 25319 View attachment 25320 View attachment 25321 View attachment 25322 View attachment 25323 Hi, recently replaced my offside wing. Best if you can get access to a lift. You will need to pop off the sill cover (bayonet clips underneath and then it should just pull of the internal clips). Remove the wheel, then remove the inner arch (a few bolts and black bayonet clips). Bottom plastic pan needs to come off the front bumper/valance. Then the trim that covers the top of the radiator/headlights (5 bayonet clips if I remember correctly). Then bolts for the bumper (I didnt take the bumper completely off, managed to undo fixings/bolts on the side I wanted to replace and ease it away enough to remove the wing). Fortunately the wing is entirely bolt on. disconnect the indicator repeater, 2 bolts at the bottom near the door, I think it was 3 bolts at the front where the bumper meets it. then the row along the top. I loosened these first so that the wing would move. The rubber trim on the top near the scuttle needs to be teased away. When I replaced the wing, I put all the bolts in place finger tight then gentle eased it into place until I have all the gaps just right, and tightening the bolts a little at a time. I have added a few images. Finally, it would be worth getting some of the spring clips and bolts that hold the bottom panel to the bumper as a few of mine were rusted and needed to be replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.