Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The courtesy car I have at the moment is a X400 2.2 diesel while my car is in for a major service which brings me back a memory when I owned a X Type D many years ago after a visit to the fuel filling station.
Can anyone tell me why when you put fuel in these cars it doesn't register on the fuel gauge or the range of the car until you have driven down the road for about 2 or 3 miles. I always thought it was just my car at the time but this loan car is exactly the same.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Doesn't happen on mine, so no idea.....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Utter nonsense.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My gauge goes up pretty swiftly on my 2.2d X Type

But I have found it does take a few minutes for the onboard computer to recalculate the range on the trip computer.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Utter nonsense.
Afraid not - mine does exactly the same. Fill up and it will go to just over half on the petrol gauge.

Drive about 5-10 miles and it goes to 3/4.

Drive a bit more and it goes to full.

Had the car 7 years in 4 weeks time and it's always done it.

TMW

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 2.0D is exactly the same as yours, Reggie. When I first noticed it, I began to think I had put the fuel in someone else's car by mistake. It's particularly evident when I fill up when the tank is pretty empty ie most of the time.

Sometimes it takes 5 to 10 miles before it's finished crawling up the scale

Don't ask me why, 'cos I've got no idea.

It's british racing green, maybe that's the reason:confused:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I found the same thing on my previous 2005 x type - but only if I put a small amount of diesel in, say £20 worth. If I put in £40 plus, the gauge would register immediately.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine does it.....occasionally....and has done since I bought it.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Mine doesn't do that, never has.

Roger

·
Registered
718 Posts
My current 2.2d dosent do that... My previous 2.0d did!

I just thought that the float was sticky in my old one, especially when i got this one and it didnt do it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My old one did it occasionally but would sort itself out after I'd been round a few bends or a roundabout after being at the fuel pumps. Current one hasn't done it yet, touch wood.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
They all do it. Apart from the ones that don't.
And vice versa. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.