Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 XJ8 4.0 l fuel tank removal to access topside internal lack of fuel issue.
getting hung up somewhere behind. Anyone have a 360° diagram of tank or details on removal.
this unit totally accessible from trunk boot. Just caught on something and cannot see anywhere from underneath car at initial high pressure fuel lines where it goes thru to connect to underside or back of tank. Cheers for any help. I’m thrilled I didn’t have to drop the rear end to access.

·
Premium Member
23,027 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you out, enjoy. :giggle:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
So you have disconnected the 2 fuel lines under the car (using the plastic release tool) ?

Then remove CD changer, remove fuel filler lock. Remove gater.
Disconnect the wiring loom from the chassis a long the top of the tank area. Don't think you will leave some fastening in. It won't help you later!!!
Disconnect fuel vent at the side of the tank
Disconnect left boot strut
Pull tank out wards.
Then disconnect the wiring loom on the top of the tank

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I hope you have sorted it by now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it thanks, fuel pump dead, any official link to a new fuel pump that will plug into original male wiring harness?
hundreds of alleged pumps for sale though different female plug assembly. Don’t want to pay jagbits 240$ unless recommended. Thanks for tips and sources!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Yes it’s a bit of a nightmare

other things to consider is the pump pipe outlet (as per my previous post and link ) last post.

and things like flow and pressure.

If I had my time again and only Needed one pump I think I would go genuine.

does yours have the normal sized spade terminals or the small ones ? I thought early cars were different

·
Registered
152 Posts
hundreds of alleged pumps for sale though different female plug assembly. Don’t want to pay jagbits 240$ unless recommended.
Pump replacement is not an easy job, so don't skimp on quality unless you want to risk doing it again. I made the mistake of going for less expensive after market pumps and that is was happened to me. Don't know the jagbits pump but I went for genuine Jaguar from SNGB - and so far so good!

GM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts