Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2.2d has had a full blank for 4 months now, and had the check engine light on the whole time, which was expected, except today it went off whilst driving......i wonder why

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Probably blown a hole in your blanking plate :-D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does if you used a tin or aluminium plate rather than a steel one. The hot gasses will eventually bore right through it.

Tony
its a 3mm stainless steel plate, so it shouldnt have gone through right?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, a 3mm stainless is quiet safe.

Your computer has probably reset itself.

Tony
its weird that its scarier with the light off then when its on XD XD XD

im gonna whip it off tonight to make sure

it would be weird that its been on everyday for the last 4 months and just chosen to reset.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
it would be weird that its been on everyday for the last 4 months and just chosen to reset.
It's a Jag. They do funny things.

Just check all of your fluids etc and if you have one, plug in a code reader and look at the live readings from the engine. Also you may find there is no fault code anymore in which case you can stop worrying.

Tony

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I thought the 2.2's needed a hole in the plate anyway?

·
Registered
5,836 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Perhaps the bulb has given up the ghost... is it designed to be on for months?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps the bulb has given up the ghost... is it designed to be on for months?
the light has come back on, im guessing the car just reset the code and took a while to re-register the fault, took the blanking plate out and it hasn't melted at all.

its probably not designed to be on permanently, but it causes no harm :)

and i feel its much more benificial to have the blanking plate full and have the light on then to fit one with a hole in it.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Fair enough, but my concern would be that the always-on light could mask another (possibly more serious) fault. Probably a good idea to check for codes regularly.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fair enough, but my concern would be that the always-on light could mask another (possibly more serious) fault. Probably a good idea to check for codes regularly.
yes it could, which is why i code scan before and after every journey. I will be purchasing the EGR simulator to turn the light off for good soon,

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update to the Missing EML, the light went off again three days ago, and it hasn't come back, I've checked the EGR Blank and its not blown through. I've checked all the pipes for splits, and I've checked all the jubilee clips are tight.

the only thing i can think is that the adaptive mapping must have adjusted to believe that the airflow is standard, so no longer throws an error.

it only took 6 months of being on for this to happen.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
I run a full blank on mine. Occasionally the "Low flow" warning light puts in an appearance, I reset it and it goes away..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I run a full blank on mine. Occasionally the "Low flow" warning light puts in an appearance, I reset it and it goes away..
well mine was on solid since i put the blank on, the it went off once for a day, and i panicked, then it came back on for a fortnight, then its gone off again and stayed off. so i have a feeling it might not come back on again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.