G15's story

restorer

Reaction score
I loved my little Imp it was great fun in the snow too, never got stuck anywhere. Rear engined, rear wheel drive, mini Ferrari… lol
Tremendous appetite for head gaskets. Vacuum operated throttle. Separate indicator stalk for each side of the car, one each side of the instruments binnacle. Choke operation lever on the floor just behind (or in front?) of the gear lever. And in my case a folded rag that had to be jammed under the driver's door or it would fly open on left hand bends.
My friend (also into Imps) and I could do a complete engine change in 3 hours.

#steve

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Tremendous appetite for head gaskets. Vacuum operated throttle. Separate indicator stalk for each side of the car, one each side of the instruments binnacle. Choke operation lever on the floor just behind (or in front?) of the gear lever. And in my case a folded rag that had to be jammed under the driver's door or it would fly open on left hand bends.

3 hours! It takes that long to remove the undertray on the Jag 😂

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
That’s a good memory you have there. 🤪

Glenn65

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I don’t remember having separate stalks for the indicators, but do remember the small level on the floor.