Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Have searched this forum, and others, with no success, so appealing to the collected wisdom here.

My XK (Convertible, 2007) has the customary Jaguar electrical, er, idiosyncrasies you might expect and that we all come to tolerate, but mine has a weird one.

The three-button transceivers which can be programmed to open a garage door (or in my case a gate) work, but only some of the time.
I programmed them (all three with the same function) some years ago. All was fine.
Then they stopped working.
The other functions of the panel (parking sensor activation, convertible hood) continued to work, and the small amber led light remained/remains on. But all three of the transceiver buttons stopped working, and their red LEDs didn't work either.

Then, of a sudden, they started working again. I'm not sure what if anything I did that may have provoked this.

Then, just as suddenly, they stopped again. This time I can be confident that I did nothing to provoke this as they stopped working during a journey.

It's all three buttons, and their LEDs, but nothing else on on the panel.

Might they be on a separate fuse (although even this does not explain why they started working again). Any other clues/tips?

The car has a new battery and is otherwise in fine fettle.

Appreciate any help!

Cheers!

Rod

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
One of my light switches is the same. I took it apart and tried to clean it but it wasn't really possible.

Wonderful to think we can get four bazillion pixels on the head of a pin and telephone Tuvalu from our bath, but have forgotten how to make a switch.

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Take it apart and check the connections, sounds like something is loose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got round to taking this out - I have a great fear of ripping headlining when taking a screwdriver or anything near it, like the felt on a snooker table with my cue skills. But it was easy.
However the workings inside the console are one solid black unit with a multi-cable plug going into it and nothing else.
I have a portable remote control so will continue to use that (a new - secondhand - console seems to be a lot of money), but it still seems odd that something should stop, work again then stop again.
Maybe it will come back...
It's part of the life of owning a Jaguar I suppose!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.