Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

As the title says. Glad to be back :-D

Biggest mistake ever! I decided to move from my beloved XF and buy a new Discovery Sport. Boy was I sorry. Don't get me wrong, the DS was lovely to drive but not a Jag :( The DS had the dreaded 'Oil dilution issue' the car was sold to me with a pitch of service intervals every 21,000 miles or two year. It was actually in for an 'Oil service' at 5,000 because the oil was being diluted at a frightening rate. No one at JLR would ever admit there was actually a problem and no one could guarantee me that the engine wasn't being damaged. So, long story short! The car was rejected and I was back looking for another car.

As we (The boss, otherwise known as the wife) are not rushing into buying another new car I was 'allowed' to buy a 'Toy' in the mean time, hence the S Type now on my drive (Photos to follow) I am SO pleased to be back. :-D:-D:-D

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Hey JP, see you've been having some adventures outside the Jaguar world?

Sorry to hear about the Discovery Sport, hope it wasn't too much hassle.

Good to have you back in the fold, even if it may be for a wee while.............Happy motoring

Jim

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey JP, see you've been having some adventures outside the Jaguar world?

Sorry to hear about the Discovery Sport, hope it wasn't too much hassle.

Good to have you back in the fold, even if it may be for a wee while.............Happy motoring

Jim
Thanks Jim,

Glad to be back :) should never have left in the first place!

You never know, you may be stuck with me for a while yet :)

· Registered
18 Posts
I love the look of the Disco sport, but decided to keep my Freelander due to the extensive list of issues with the DS. I did consider an F Pace also but with the seeming unresolved issues with euro 6 diesel vehicles and diesel cars in general went another route entirely! Keep my 60k mile freelander for every day use and an XKR for fun. ;-)

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the look of the Disco sport, but decided to keep my Freelander due to the extensive list of issues with the DS. I did consider an F Pace also but with the seeming unresolved issues with euro 6 diesel vehicles and diesel cars in general went another route entirely! Keep my 60k mile freelander for every day use and an XKR for fun. ;-)
Don't get me wrong, I loved driving the Discovery Sport but I wasn't willing to take the risk of something serious going wrong with it in a few years time so I made the decision to reject the car. I was actually quite sad to see it go away when the dealer picked it up :(

I was lucky enough to be offered early retirement in July this year so I don't need an everyday car, hence the 'toy' :) loving it at the moment.

· Registered
1,328 Posts

Hi JPJag,
Welcome back to Jaguar ownership, to the website and forum.
I have owned my 04 X350 since last November and it's brilliant.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here ( like TeapotTony and PigletJohn ) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.