Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Perhaps someone will provide an answer to this small but niggly problem. The glovebox shuts on one latch and the other "just is". Not sure if there is a way of adjusting the catches, which both work OK, but one is evading its duty.

A note to the Administrator - Is there a better way of searching? The present one simply searches the whole of the range. Would it not be possible to have searches within the model ranges instead???

regards
Tom

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Best way to search is use google with key words, if it’s on the forum it will take you straight to it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hi, Perhaps someone will provide an answer to this small but niggly problem. The glovebox shuts on one latch and the other "just is". Not sure if there is a way of adjusting the catches, which both work OK, but one is evading its duty.

I have exactly the same issue.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Mine shuts OK on right side, but left needs a nudge to make it latch. What's it got to do with motors ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have seen this trick with washers, but it still sticks out. Removal of the trim above and airbag does not expose the mechanism - tried it already. There must be a way to adjust/ align the catches?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The glove box has electric motors that open the latches. The latch assembly (with motor) is adjustable if it isn't latching properly and it sounds as if you need to adjust this if you have to nudge it to lock it. You get to it from above via the passenger airbag cover. I looked at doing this a while back because my glove box didn't seem to close right but it turned out to be that it was delaminating and some glue sorted it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my case the fibre washer under the catch did the trick. It ain't perfect, but it's quick & easy. After all - it's a CLASSIC JAGUAR, so some leeway is called for. Still brings a smile to my face driving it. Now I think I'll do a coach driving course - not much difference with turning circle...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried following the link. All I got were repeated requests to log in, on and on and on...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesn't even allow me to get to that stage - it opens up a page asking to log in - even after I have logged in already...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haaa, Mistery solved. It's my usual browser that didn't co-operate. Now all's fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.