Godsend fix for many Automatic transmission issues (Video)

nigelbb

Reaction score
This just confirms my irritation with unnecessary videos on YouTube. This guy takes over four minutes to describe a problem & cure that could be written in two or three sentences & read in a fraction of the time.

mrmut

Reaction score
This just confirms my irritation with unnecessary videos on YouTube. This guy takes over four minutes to describe a problem & cure that could be written in two or three sentences & read in a fraction of the time.
Heh... If he would be like the rest of them, he could go 10 minutes without saying anything, sponsor a two products, and you would also watch 4-5 ads from YT... (that is, if you don't use Brave browser or blocker). :)

capri v8 driver

Reaction score
It is interesting but I would have thought spasmodic "transmission problems" when an engine is misfiring wasn't unique to the Jag S Type?
I think S-Types were especially prone for transmission problems. Other Jags are toor, but "the lurch" was specific to S-Type, I think.

It isn't. The first Mustangs and BMW with the 6HP25 have the same issues.

A Dutch guy how had the same problem with his jag found out by using a scope that the coil's specially if they start to misfire they cause a EMI interference to the CAN bus lines witch caused the gearbox to do strange things and gearbox faults.

To solve it so it would not happen again he isolated the coil wiring from the ECU to the coils with shielded wires (and added new coils).

Last edited: