Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch went on my 2.0d a few months ago, A local garage fitted an luk Dual mass flywheel and clutch, All was fine for a few weeks until one morning I came out to the car and the clutch had gone again!, wouldn't go into gear and clutch permanently engaged....
They then changed the clutch again however a few weeks later I had a very noticeable shaking on tick over... the new DMF was breaking up.. So out that came and a new one was put in...

Roughly 1000 miles later I had the exact same symptoms of shaking!, When they took the dmf out again it was beginning to break up, So they put an Luk flywheel in with a valeo clutch.

I'm now 600 miles into it and the clutch feels light and responsive, however I'm starting to get paranoia now and feel a light judder when pulling away!

Why could this of happened three times in a few months?

I treat the car with mechanical empathy...

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
First thoughts are faulty batch of parts or incorrect fitting.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Sound like they did not replace the CSC but could be wrong.As Billy says somethings wrong there somewhere.
The vibration you get with the single flywheel is fairly normal. The dual mass was fitted to eliminate that.

Roger

·
Registered
609 Posts
LUK have a lifetime guarantee on their kits. You or your garage should contact them and query this.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Apart from the hassle factor, presumably you only actually paid for 1 clutch kit replacement though, the garage would've stood the others under warranty

Jim

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I am with Billy on this. For the clutch to remain permanently connected to the DMF speaks CSC malfunction or hydraulics. Did they bleed the clutch hydraulics. For the DMF to be breaking up is a total whitewash as the only thing that can break up are the rivets and that would give a rattle when you use the clutch. What do you mean by vibration at idle, Is it vibrating through the clutch pedal or is the engine just vibrating. My thoughts here is bad fitting by the garage.

Roger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just before it goes, I get a strong pulsing through the clutch pedal and the whole car vibrate heavily on idle... Then when its changed again the car is smooth for a few weeks...

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Pulsing through the pedal could be that the DMF or clutch plate has not been fitted securely or is distorted. Something is coming loose after the initial fitting. With the vehicle idling and in neutral the clutch plate is in full contact with the DMF so if there is vibration this would confirm my thoughts. When you depress the clutch the clutch plate is drawn away from the DMF to enable you to change gear and when you release the clutch it contacts the DMF again in the selected gear and so on.

Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.