Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Very nice pair there. Which one have you just purchased?

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
Oh yes, very nice indeed. Enjoy.:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Very nice indeed :)

Seeing the two side-by-side, Lawson did a reasonable job with the new version. It does retain some of the original's charm even though the youthful press hated the looks.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Looking good.... in fact, very good:)

Rick

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Congratulations bud, very pleased for you.

That's the one that made me want to own one, not the baby Jag.

I did fancy the Mk10 but what a huge thing that was.

Interested to know how the handling is? Not as smooth as I fondly think, perhaps?

I never drove any old Jag but a few heavy old cars whose front wheels used to oscillate after hitting any bump. :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Congratulations bud, very pleased for you.

That's the one that made me want to own one, not the baby Jag.

I did fancy the Mk10 but what a huge thing that was.

Interested to know how the handling is? Not as smooth as I fondly think, perhaps?

I never drove any old Jag but a few heavy old cars whose front wheels used to oscillate after hitting any bump. :)
A mate of mine had a Mk10 (a long long time ago) and I remember thinking what a huge beast it was.
I will have to try and get the dimensions of the Mk10 as I suspect it won't be considered so huge compared to some of to-days cars.

Regards............IP

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually, it is surprisingly smooth! Now that I've put a few miles on her ( first drive was 160 miles home with her! ) and am more comfortable with the way she handles I have been a bit less tentative and have been very pleasantly surprised.

I was out for a spin at lunch time and actually put my foot down properly, crikey!!!!! I can well see why villains used to use them as getaway vehicles!!!!!

Still not pushing too hard, I don't fully trust the tyres that are on. I'll likely go out and get them replaced tomorrow, I've no idea how to remove the wire wheels!

Unbelieveably the mileage appears to be only 28 thousand, I'd thought it was probably 128 thousand, but going through the folder of receipts that go all the way back to the early 70s it seems it is genuine :O

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Actually, it is surprisingly smooth! Now that I've put a few miles on her ( first drive was 160 miles home with her! ) and am more comfortable with the way she handles I have been a bit less tentative and have been very pleasantly surprised.

I was out for a spin at lunch time and actually put my foot down properly, crikey!!!!! I can well see why villains used to use them as getaway vehicles!!!!!

Still not pushing too hard, I don't fully trust the tyres that are on. I'll likely go out and get them replaced tomorrow, I've no idea how to remove the wire wheels!

Unbelieveably the mileage appears to be only 28 thousand, I'd thought it was probably 128 thousand, but going through the folder of receipts that go all the way back to the early 70s it seems it is genuine :O
Excellent.

Go to DVLA website, https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history and find its MoT History, the mileage is shown too. That will confirm it. That would be amazing.

There is also an Android app called Vehicle Smart which does the same but a lot better.

I'm anxious to know now! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Excellent.

Go to DVLA website, https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history and find its MoT History, the mileage is shown too. That will confirm it. That would be amazing.

There is also an Android app called Vehicle Smart which does the same but a lot better.

I'm anxious to know now! :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I went and had a look and it has not only confirmed it, but from the long list of things in previous MoTs it would appear that all the usual welding/repairs have already been done :-O

It looks like all I have left to do on her is cosmetic!!

Wow...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.