Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have just bought a 2013 xf s, it has an s badge on the boot boot not the grille. Did it have a grille badge when it rolles out of the factory? Thanks
The earlier XFS has an "S" badge on the boot only.
Later on the shape of the badge changed (from plain chrome to added red and green), and then changed again (from square to round) and then it was added to the grille as well. I'm not sure of the exact dates/models of these changes.
The factory grille badge was attached to a plastic holder which was bolted to the grille, so without the badge or holder I would guess your XFS was before they started doing that.
It's not hard to add an S badge to the grille, plenty of instructions on this forum and elsewhere on how to do so.
However you may have a problem finding an S badge which exactly matches the one on your boot.
There are plenty of S badges for sale of the latest "round" red and green version, the really early plain chrome S is not hard to find,
but the earlier square versions of the red and green one are quite rare and hard to find.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The grill badge was started 2014/15. It does finish off the grill quite nicely imho and the fact that the front is round and the back is square doesn’t really matter.
Adding one properly requires you to remove the bumper so I glued mine on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.