Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very nice colour :-D Not a bad price either. I toyed with the idea of getting rid of the S for a TD XJ but I've gone LPG instead. Maybe in the future. I much prefer that shape of XJ to the new one, much more handsome.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Very nice arrowlink....do you think you will remap this one then?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh yes already booked in :) 28th of june with martin.

0h and paid a bit less than advertised price it began with a 5 even better :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is the cheapest diesel I've seen! What a cracking buy, would have been tempted myself. I'm loving my xjr but christ its got a drinking problem. :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She went in part x im afraid :( but dont worry the xj will be doing the same runs. just after the re map on the 28th we are going to tallin in estonia. that should shake her down.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No prob at all. at least you can go Harwich to the hook of Holland then 1 road all the way. if you have never done it before pm me. i will help out no problem. but get a martin rowe re map first it will pay for the ferry in what you save fuel wise.

·
Registered
898 Posts
arrowlink.
You do seem really enthusiastic about these remaps, I know Martin did it but where did you travel to to have it done?
merlin

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
up to martins place in hanley. let the man himself do it. hell he even makes the coffees and a greggs next door lol. is just handy for me as i travel to manchester quite regular and he is 10 mins off junction 15 if northbound or 16 if southbound.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What about insurance arrowlink? I know the S-type records tonnes of info at accident and i wouldn't want to invalidate my insurance if found to be illegal.
I would imagine they'll want many £'s if I tell them I've increased the BHP?

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
As remaps are invisible the only way to tell is if it gets sent off to Jaguar.
Dealers cant tell, however ensure you tell them not to do any ECU updates if its ever in for servicing etc or it will revert to the std map.
In 10 yrs at a busy insurance approved bodyshop I have never seen any go to any manufacturer including Jaguar for testing
When I asked one of the loss adjusters some (from the one of the countrys biggest insurance groups) years back he said it would cost them money to send it for testing which is why they dont

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also the remap martin does is invisible. also if its an economy remap my insurance (prudential) where not interested. i have roadhawk fitted also to lower my premium and that's all they where interested in when i changed to the xj. will i be having it retrofitted.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A camera that records all journeys. basically a spy mine is front only if you are in a collision it records constantly. im 51 clean license etc but drive mega miles. 1 year my renewal was £400.00 plus so bought a road hawk kit had it fitted and year by year my insurance has come down. next due middle of July latest renewal price from prudential is £238.00 fully comp. so long as i have the road hawk fitted and of course full no claims bonus protected. that includes fully comp European cover.

Roadhawk UK Home page - RoadHawk Driver Safety Camera

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
this is the first i have seen of these, what a good idea i may look at one of these systems..thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.