Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:neutral: Hi all, so yesterday i replaced my coolant radiator, due to it being u/s, I had a new thermostat, so good time to put that in, turns out the p.o had removed the insides of it !

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Some owners are twats! for the sake of a few quid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just out of curiosity, How long should a 2.0d take to warm up? Only had mine for a month but when I leave for work in the morning and it takes around 8 miles for the gage to start moving. Once it's warm it's just below the middle and stays there.. Is it on it's way out?

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Just out of curiosity, How long should a 2.0d take to warm up? Only had mine for a month but when I leave for work in the morning and it takes around 8 miles for the gage to start moving. Once it's warm it's just below the middle and stays there.. Is it on it's way out?
Honestly, that's fairly typical.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That gauge is not a proper gauge. It doesn't give you an accurate reading, it simply points at cold, normal or hot. It's not like an old car where it would actually move according to the real time temperature.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mines similar, I've replaced both the thermostats in mine with new. On colder days takes a good few miles to start moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.