Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, This is my first post so I hope it’s the right place.
I need to replace the headlamps on my 2003 s type as they’re broken.
will the headlamps from a 2004-07 fit?
many thanks.
Nigel

· Registered
378 Posts
hi
yes they will fit, as long as you stay with same type, ie halogen or hid
if your adjusters have broke its a lot cheaper to just replace the adjusters as there available on ebay and straight forward to swap
cheers
Joe

· Registered
378 Posts
As above. In what way are they broken?
Hi,
The headlight adjusters go brittle and just break, causing the reflector to drop amd just light up a few feet in front of the car
you can swap them out for resin ones with metal in them, sold on ebay which is a permanent fix
you can tell by grabbing the high beam bulb in the engine bay and if it moves up and down real easy the adjusters are broken
cheers
Joe

· Registered
8,161 Posts
Hi, sorry @JOEDOTCOM I meant to ask the OP in what way they were broken.
It is probably as you say; the adjusters.
I replaced mine, although they were not yet broken, on mine the external cog for the adjusting had fallen off.

· Registered
6,521 Posts
I would also like to replace the adjusters on mine but I am unable to find the metal adjusters.

Can somebody please post a link. I would be very grateful.

· Registered
546 Posts
Have a look on the JEC Jaguar Enthusiast Club forum on the S Type section under Headlight self levellers. There's a video on there for a very simple fix which I did myself and it works. I tried to copy and paste the link without success.

· Registered
619 Posts
That fix is ok for what it's worth as it saves a fair bit of work but you need to be careful as it can and probably will let moisture into the lens if the screw is not sealed properly. Replacing the adjusters is the best way, and at the same time, the plastic lens can be completely polished too. I've generally seen rusty dry wall screws shoved in, which is a shame.

· Registered
546 Posts
If you watch the video carefully you don't do anything with the lens. it's the mechanism that you are dealing with, and is also a long term fix as my car went through several MOT test's after doing this procedure and never failed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts