Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

main beam on one side and dipped on the other had the broken adjusters
Going to try the fix with a £20 black plastic set off ebay
Wish me luck

Attachments

· Registered
4,382 Posts
Going to try the fix with a £20 black plastic set off ebay
Have you ordered them yet? Some on here recommend the metal ones.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
I did this job not long ago with the black plastic ones from Ebay they were OK and the worst part of the job was undoing the bolts that hold the wheel arch liners on but you have already sorted that to get the bumper off.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I had undone those bolts previously for another job - not easy but apart from that I was surprised how quick you can get the bumper off.
i have the lights apart now - just waiting for the parts to arrive and reassemble
did you reheat the existing mastic to put it all back together or add some new sealant?

· Registered
718 Posts
did you reheat the existing mastic to put it all back together or add some new sealant?
When i did mine, i did a bit of both but really only because i had already got the tube of sealant in ready for the job. There was plenty of the old left on to do the job.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All seemed to go well, the new adjuster parts work well.
I’m taking it to my mates garage tomorrow to get the headlights adjusted properly
It’s not a difficult job
Did burn myself with the heat gun though!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.