Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys (and Gals) - Sound like Jimmy Saville !

Can anybody point me in the right direction to
removing / refitting the Lighting Switch (the one
near the drivers right knee - RHD Car) on a
X-Type sport.

Thanks in advance.

- Steve.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi

I removed mine recently on a 2.0d, and presume they're all the same. First thing to mention is the plastic part of the switch you see showing is very fragile, especially at the edges and will crack and split very easily if levered too heavily

The switch is held in place by a spring loaded triangular "tang" which goes up behind the dash (about a 1 cm) and this is located at approx approximately the "11'oclock position" if you're looking at the switch head on. (i didn't know this until i got mine out), use a very fine watchmakers screwdriver to get up behind this section of the dash to prod this tang downwards - the dash itself has a bit of give in it and will return to its original shape so long as you're not too heavy handed.

I GENTLY levered around the sides and bottom initially to work the switch out a couple of millimetres first, but did manage to crack a small piece on the bottom so be warned!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.