Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these a few times in black but they're not badged on the rear except for the Co logo which is also black, making it hard to see. I thought at first it was a Tesla but looking at the website nothing looks the same. So.....it's a saloon and has full width LED lighting at the rear that forms an incomplete rectangle.

The back is itself quite rectangular and overall it's a smart looking, Mondeo-sized car. I've spent ages on Google trying to find it without any luck, and have discounted Tesla, Infiniti and Polestar.

Any ideas from this pretty lousy description?!

·
Registered
239 Posts
First time I saw one from the rear I thought it might be a new Vectra

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a Polestar 2?
(image from their website configurator)

Imagine those rear lights upside down so the incomplete bit is at the bottom - that's what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
Could have been a Polestar 1 with a modified rear light. (They are incomplete at the bottom)

·
Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
5,443 Posts
Polestar 3 ?
Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Tire

·
Registered
481 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Could be a cupra formentor

Reactions: Super350

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe Lynk & Co - their SUV has a similar design to the lights you described.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire

Reactions: Super350

·
Registered
827 Posts
Wow; that looks very prestigious. I've never heard of Lynx & Co.

I have to say the original brief has really got me going - I can't match up the combination of "I've seen these a few times" (implies to me a 'not customised car'), with "it's a saloon" (at a stretch I'll go 'hatchback', but the comment excludes SUVs for me) and "smart looking, Mondeo-sized".
Taking those into account with the "incomplete rectangle" lights led me to my original Polestar thought.
This puzzle is better than the codebreaker word puzzle things my wife keeps finishing rapidly!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to say the original brief has really got me going - I can't match up the combination of "I've seen these a few times" (implies to me a 'not customised car'), with "it's a saloon" (at a stretch I'll go 'hatchback', but the comment excludes SUVs for me) and "smart looking, Mondeo-sized".
Taking those into account with the "incomplete rectangle" lights led me to my original Polestar thought.
It's a puzzle!

It's definitely standard & not 'customised' and has a boot, so not a hatchback. After much Googling using a variety of search terms I kept coming back to Polestar, but I'm 99% certain it's not - although the logo looks familiar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts