5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,941 ·
Well @JimboV8 solution worked :)

Thanks for that :)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,943 ·
manged to wash out the arches and removed any caked on dirt from around the arch lips, very often looked over and the primary reason they rot out in these areas.

should be done quite often, lost count of the amount of XJ's S types and like have rotten arches or sills just because they don't have the dirt washed out of them ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,945 ·
Quite right,Henry. Got to get in all the nooks and crannies. (y)
Oh yes, my old motor ain't perfect but she ain't got no rust even daily driven in all weather and with 142k ;)

·
Premium Member
23,030 Posts
Oh yes, my old motor ain't perfect but she ain't got no rust even daily driven in all weather and with 142k ;)
The result of good maintenance and husbandry. (y)

·
Premium Member
16,585 Posts
You do look after her Henry, plain to see.

Plenty of miles left in her yet

Jim

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,948 ·
You do look after her Henry, plain to see.

Plenty of miles left in her yet

Jim
Thanks Jim.

I do hope to get 200k out of 'er ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,949 ·
ugh!! 36c what a nice day ;)

Had to wipe down the wood on my wheel with a wet cloth as it was scalding hot, oh and i'm so glad the A/C works very much like a sauna without it. ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,951 ·
You do seem to spend a lot of time at that off license, Henry. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh aye, where else are you going to get cheap whisky and gin from ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,953 ·
Yes come on Henry you should know better... I get my beer delivered nowadays 😂
Ahh yes John good idea, nowt better than a cold beer on days this hot ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,954 ·
6yr anniversary today so gave her a treat, a quick hoover and polish of the wood trim.

I have some leather conditioner on the way and some exterior Turtle wax paint sealant spray, no idea if the latter is any good, had some good reviews on amazon and for the sake of 8 quid ya can't go wrong ;)

Still amazes me the way Jag interiors of the 2000s wear literally no rips/tears or marks at over 16yrs old and 142k. :) :love::cool:😍

Smells good too ;)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,956 ·
Reactions: JimboV8

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,957 ·
So as always I like a bargain, and apparently this turtle wax sealant spray sheets water and does all kind of scientific things for 6 months with just one simple application. :)

On top of that you can do glass and the walnut with it ;)

Leather got the Armor all leather care treatment, cheap too ;)

worked well surprisingly.

At this point my neighbour and his wife walked by and whispered very loudly "there is something worng with that lad, he's cleaning it again" ha cheeky old giffer.

:unsure: :ROFLMAO::p

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
I think my 4.0 Stype is about to take it's last journey to valhalla. I had a look at the sills, I'm simply not fit enough any more to lay under a car welding new sills on even though I have them ready to go, the stoma bag etc. just makes it impossible to contort my body as much as I used to be able to do.

It will be a sad day when I make the call, but I have to face facts, I'm just not fit enough any more.

• Sad
Reactions: PetA and Henry_B
2941 - 2960 of 2986 Posts