Henry_B’s S-Type project!

orsom weels

Reaction score
Just passed 139k which is quite the milestone for an S type in a sense.

Tis but in the prime of it's life Henry, our old 3.0 nearly doubled that at just over 270k before the tin worm got the better of it. Really thought we were going to make the 300k, but in the last 12 months of it's life, the rust really got hold. Not so much the sills, but lower boot corners, floor/chassis rails, sub frame and lots of bit's and pieces. It was just too daunting a task for me now :-(. The way you look after yours, it'll still be going strong for years yet!

Henry_B

Reaction score
Tis but in the prime of it's life Henry, our old 3.0 nearly doubled that at just over 270k before the tin worm got the better of it. Really thought we were going to make the 300k, but in the last 12 months of it's life, the rust really got hold. Not so much the sills, but lower boot corners, floor/chassis rails, sub frame and lots of bit's and pieces. It was just too daunting a task for me now :-(. The way you look after yours, it'll still be going strong for years yet!
Wow 270k I don't know whether I'll get mine up there, but for the year and mileage mine is pretty solid, all metalwork is original.

I'm assuming your 270k motor is the 1999 one in your sig?

orsom weels

Reaction score
I'm assuming your 270k motor is the 1999 one in your sig?

Yes, had it for many years, bought with just over 40k. She was a real workhorse, and very reliable. Mrs O used it for work commuting when she had long journeys, and I towed trailers and caravans all over the country with it. Would have loved to, and intended to repair it, but once I got into it, it was just too much for me now. A few years ago, it would have been a different matter :)

John Wilko

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Okay Henry, nowhere near your standard but I spent 3 hours on the XF today because of you :ROFLMAO:. Snow foam, followed by wash with Bilt Hamber shampoo, then dry off with a coating of Meguires ceramic wax. Then a hoover.

Attachments

• 2A.jpg
    2A.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 4

Henry_B

Reaction score
Okay Henry, nowhere near your standard but I spent 3 hours on the XF today because of you :ROFLMAO:. Snow foam, followed by wash with Bilt Hamber shampoo, then dry off with a coating of Meguires ceramic wax. Then a hoover.
Looks Fantastic John :)

Love a nice Silver!