hi from french britanny

zab

Reaction score
Hi guys

I subscribe because I am currently working on 2010 XF V6 3.0

The first problem was the blocked glove box, I find the solution on the forum and I will add a push button next to it to open it

The second problem happened during the operation, it seems that the fuse nbr 35 (interior lighting) blows instantly.

I removed the lights from the sun visors but still the same, I did not have time to look for more.

Finally the owner wants to change the sound of the exhaust and I ask to install valves as soon as he activates the sport mode, however since it is a diesel, I think there is a good chance that faults will appear. .

What solutions can I offer it?

Thank you and good day

Paul in NE

Reaction score
Hi guys

I subscribe because I am currently working on 2010 XF V6 3.0

The first problem was the blocked glove box, I find the solution on the forum and I will add a push button next to it to open it

The second problem happened during the operation, it seems that the fuse nbr 35 (interior lighting) blows instantly.

I removed the lights from the sun visors but still the same, I did not have time to look for more.

Finally the owner wants to change the sound of the exhaust and I ask to install valves as soon as he activates the sport mode, however since it is a diesel, I think there is a good chance that faults will appear. .

What solutions can I offer it?

Thank you and good day
Not sure what you are expecting in terms of different exhaust noise from a turbo diesel... The turbos do a good job as silencers and there's not a lot of 'sporty noise' to be liberated. An increase in pipe diameter downstream of the turbo would allow it to spool up faster and liberate a little more mid range torque. You will get a slightly different, deeper note from the tailpipes but not exactly 'rorty'.. .
The main advantage of changing silencer boxes/tailpipes (either deleting or changing to 'straight through' design) will be cosmetic, a little less restriction to gas flow and less weight. I would suggest theres no real need for rear silencers at all on a turbo diesel. Others may disagree.
If you're looking for cosmetic improvements, fair enough, but in terms of performance gains it's nowhere near as cost effective as a re-map.
Having said all this, I went with a less restrictive stainless steel system, changing from the hidden, downturned original tailpipe on my X-Type 2.2D to a twin exit design. There are a few reputable companies who can accommodate your requirements and I would certainly reccommend you check out Elite and Performance Jags in Derby. They have a video clip online showing their 'Elite RR' back box system.

zab

Reaction score
Yes i know that the noise for diesel engines is difficult to change, that why i prefer ask owners to find a good solution, i don t want to tell him to buy some parts and have no results. Thanks for the recommandations.