Higher Spec or Younger with fewer miles?

slartibartfast

Reaction score
I'm on the search for an XK (budget around £25k). I have seen two that are the same price and same colour (racing red/ivory). One is "Portfolio" spec, the other is "Base". The Portfolio is 2011 with 40k miles, the Base is 2013 with 35k miles. Which would be the best to go for?

Thanks.

thebiglad

Reaction score
Absolutely no question in my mind, go for the Portfolio car. 5000 mls difference is inconsequential.

BTW, did you know that you can get any app for your phone whereby you can put in the cars' VIN and you get a 'Build sheet' which shows the EXACT spec of what your car had, when it left the factory.

Dave

slartibartfast

Reaction score
Absolutely no question in my mind, go for the Portfolio car. 5000 mls difference is inconsequential.

BTW, did you know that you can get any app for your phone whereby you can put in the cars' VIN and you get a 'Build sheet' which shows the EXACT spec of what your car had, when it left the factory.

Dave
Thanks Dave. Even though the Base car is 2 years younger?

Andy0829

Reaction score

Dave
What’s the name of that App ? Free ?

thebiglad

Reaction score
VIN decoder - Jaguar. Free I think. Also once you own the Jaaaaag and it is registered in your name, contact JLR customer services and they will give you a full print-out.

NM_OLD

Reaction score
Assuming there was no substantial change in spec between the two years in question. Eg pre and post facelift.
I think it was updated in 2011 so might be worth checking?

thebiglad

Reaction score
I think it was updated in 2011 so might be worth checking?
The article says "updated for 2011" which would imply both of these cars would be the same version ???? But this is exactly why you need build sheets.