Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 2005 2.0L X-Type Diesel. The Puma engine. There is a short breather hose from the top of the cylinder head to the air inlet (just prior to the turbo).
I have been all over the net for about a week trying to find the bore size of the hose used, and have come up empty. Could anyone tell me the bore size of this
hose please?
Thanks for reading,
Lee

·
Premium Member
23,059 Posts
Why not take it off and measure it.:unsure:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Why not take it off and measure it.:unsure:
yep, and in case it’s swelled or distorted, measure wot it fits onto and subtract a mm or so.

Font Auto part Fashion accessory Automotive exterior Circle
Rectangle Ruler Office ruler Font Measuring instrument

Check both ends in case it’s a swaged pipe.

·
Registered
616 Posts
K
Hi All,
I have a 2005 2.0L X-Type Diesel. The Puma engine. There is a short breather hose from the top of the cylinder head to the air inlet (just prior to the turbo).
I have been all over the net for about a week trying to find the bore size of the hose used, and have come up empty. Could anyone tell me the bore size of this
hose please?
Thanks for reading,
Lee
It's 19mm inside diameter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies, they are greatly appreciated. I have an oil catch can to fit but noticed the hose bore is smaller on the can. Now, it's easy to reduce the hose from 19 to 10mm at the can, but will this cause any issues? Vaccum, increased crankcase pressure etc? It seems alot of these particular cans are fitted successfully with no issues after having a good read round, or should I match the bore? Does anyone with more knowledge than I have any comments on this please?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thank you all for your replies, they are greatly appreciated. I have an oil catch can to fit but noticed the hose bore is smaller on the can. Now, it's easy to reduce the hose from 19 to 10mm at the can, but will this cause any issues? Vaccum, increased crankcase pressure etc? It seems alot of these particular cans are fitted successfully with no issues after having a good read round, or should I match the bore? Does anyone with more knowledge than I have any comments on this please?
Yes it will increase crank pressure , get one with 19mm fittings , there's a few good videos explaining them on YouTube the ones with baffles increase pressure , fitted one on mine kept blowing rocker gasket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts