Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed an exterior door handle of their XF.

I have looked at the workshop manual and it seems to be indicating that I should loosen a screw accessed from the end of the door via a little access hole however it does not mention what sort of head the screw has. I
have tried a number of different screwdrivers but haven't been either able to locate the screw head by feel as visibility is zero or the screwdriver has been the wrong type/size.

Any guidance from someone who has actually done the job would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should see a small Torx screw head unscrew this slowly while gently pulling the small part of the handle out when this part is out push the other part of the handle towards the rear of the vehicle and it will slide out. beware stop unscrewing as soon as the small part comes out and they can be a bas—-d to put back in good luck
cheers dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should see a small Torx screw head unscrew this slowly while gently pulling the small part of the handle out when this part is out push the other part of the handle towards the rear of the vehicle and it will slide out. beware stop unscrewing as soon as the small part comes out and they can be a bas--d to put back in good luck
cheers dave
Thanks Dave .. Really couldn't see anything in the hole at all. Shined torch in and still nada. Thought it might be a torx and tried the couple of Instrument torx head screwdrivers I have but I think they were to small. The diameter of the small access hole is too ****** small to get a standard length screwdriver bit in there so just ordered some extra long ones, hopefully one of those will do the job.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just something to check. Jaguar have been known to use Security Torx in some places. They were all over my XK.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just something to check. Jaguar have been known to use Security Torx in some places. They were all over my XK.
Nope they are standard torx, if I get a chance tomorrow I will find thee correct size and post. Phil

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phil,

That's very kind of you but no need as I have ordered some from amazon that will be arriving tomorrow.

Regards

Glenn

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you think to order Security Torx. It's worth having them even though in this case you don't need them. They work for normal torx and then you don't have to worry either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.