Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fully intended to retire on my next birthday, during the second week in January, and told my boss that I would be handing in my notice on 11th December.

Last week I received an email from my regional manager telling me that I was going to be made redundant on 31st December.

Talk about a result!

I expected the usual card signed by people I hardly knew, to then fade away with a gentle wave, now they have to pay me 6 months salary :p.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
That's a result. You deserve it.

Roger

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Jammy sod. Good job you didn't put your notice in this month...

Good Luck though.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Retirement is wonderful,I cannot think how I ever managed to find time for work!

:-D

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
I fully intended to retire on my next birthday, during the second week in January, and told my boss that I would be handing in my notice on 11th December.

Last week I received an email from my regional manager telling me that I was going to be made redundant on 31st December.

Talk about a result!

I expected the usual card signed by people I hardly knew, to then fade away with a gentle wave, now they have to pay me 6 months salary :p.
Now THAT is what I call a RESULT!!

Good for you, take the money and run, hope you enjoy retirement and have plans in place

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Thanks guys.

Spending my 20th wedding anniversary today clearing my Mum's garden.

In the rain.
Congratulations to you and wifey owl.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Thanks guys.

Spending my 20th wedding anniversary today clearing my Mum's garden.

In the rain.
Congratulations to you and your wife. 20 is a good milestone in this day and age.

Roger

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Took the words right off my keyboard. I was going to say that too. I retired at 45 often wonder how you guys have time to go to work. ;)
Thought I was doing well retiring at 55, way to go Frank.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
I am sitting on the boat whilst the girlfriend watches strictly at home Frank , you're right about Monday though :-D
Edited to correct English!

:-D

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
I'm never going to retire.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.