Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
The cars in question are a 2006 Blue Daimler Super EIGHT X356 with 57k miles and an Emerald Green XJ8 Sovereign X358 March 2009 with 45k miles.
We don't get the Daimler trim in the U.S., but comparing a SuperV8 2006 to a standard engine 2009 X358, I'll take the X358 every day of the week. Both are gorgeous, of course, but I sure think the X358 face is superior and less dated. Sure, the Daimler has a Supercharger, but if your X358 has a V8, you've got plenty of power. Plus, this isn't a track car. And I agree 100% with FlatCap on the rear displays. No one needs that today; if you have kids, they're going to be watching their phones and iPads in much higher resolution. They make the car look dated, and they make you look like a chauffeur for spoiled rugrats. Finally, on the two specimens you presented, I think the wheels are better on the X358.

Boy, do I miss mine...

Reactions: Snk Vlad and #steve

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dear CanyonLakeJags, many thanks for your comments and I do agree that the X358 is more of a younger man's car. Plus, to make it an even stronger case for the Jag, I forgot to mention it's the 4.2 V8 "Supercharged💨" version (y)
Well, then it's a no-brainer. Good job!

Reactions: r04drunner1
1 - 2 of 2 Posts