Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
F.c. Different law for speeding recidivists.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Someone listed the differences on here.
Nothing major. I think the radio frequency was one, maybe missing Bluetooth was another.
If I was you, the first thing I would do is spray the subframe with cavity wax and a protectant on the outside. It won’t have seen salt before and now is your only opportunity to do it before rust sets in.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
I like lotta progress

·
Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No such thing as a wrong Jag or Daimler in my books Charlie. Except for an I Pace obviously!!
Agree :cool:. But it was a dilemma, as I liked both cars equally and fully loaded is the way I usually roll, which the Daimler was. But the Jaguar V8 Supercharged Sovereign has extras and is a lovely spec. I love the fact it's got the all wooden heated steering wheel option, plus cooled seats. Only missing the adaptive Cruise Control, otherwise my perfect car.

Car Vehicle Mirror Gear shift Speedometer

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Dear all, has anyone been in the situation - position where you feel you may have bought the wrong car, but your not 100% sure you have or haven’t ??? 😱
It’s happening to me right now I’m tormented by this daily, if not hourly. 😢 🥴

I have been torn between two cars but had to make a on the spot decision 🥵, as another interested party was on the phone to the seller, in front of me, as I was looking at the exact car the phone caller was enquiring about . The guy on the phone wanted to put an over the phone holding deposit on it, as he was on the way down. He would be arriving in 2 hours, travelling from North Yorkshire. This was not a set up as I arrived to view the car 45 min’s earlier than my appointment and the seller was outside when I arrived. Literally as I got out of the car apologizing about being so early his phone rang.

The cars in question are a 2006 Blue Daimler Super EIGHT X356 with 57k miles and an Emerald Green XJ8 Sovereign X358 March 2009 with 45k miles.

Price wise and spec wise there was very little difference. Although the Daimler has rear TV’s in the front headrest, rear climate control and active cruise control. The XJ8 has cooled seats, but apart from that there very similar in spec.

The better condition of the two was the Jag but not by much. I had been looking at the Daimler 3 times and had decided to go for that, until I came across the Emerald Green X358. As explained above I was under some on the spot pressure, as Emerald green is my fav color I put a deposit on the Jaguar.

I’ll be collecting it next week all being well, but I have a nagging voice at the back of my head still saying OMG the Daimler was gorgeous and rare.
I’d appreciate any comments, thought’s etc. on this. Although I am not sure if they will me make feel better or even worst, god help me!!

View attachment 58110 View attachment 58111 View attachment 58112 View attachment 58113 View attachment 58114 View attachment 58115 View attachment 58116
View attachment 58117
I love Daimlers. I'll always regret selling them. But that green car is beautiful. Hard choice but you made the right one.

·
Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I love Daimlers. I'll always regret selling them. But that green car is beautiful. Hard choice but you made the right one.
Hello Sailor ⚓⛵, 👨🏼‍🍳 sorry about the emoji, I’ve not got one of a sailor 🤣. Thanks for your comment and the XJ8 has less miles, 3 years newer and totally immaculate and manufactured in the very last month of the X358 production life. I’m feeling more happier that I have indeed made the right decision 👍

·
Registered
371 Posts
On reflection if it's an import then DAB may have been a UK only option. I don't have it but I suspect if it were there it would be available on the AM/FM button.

21 - 40 of 146 Posts