Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It'd be interesting to see a drag between your M3 and the X358!
Indeed, I think the jag would be in front for the first part, but once the M3 is up in the 8000 - 8750 rpm rev range then I feel it would catch up and possible past it. But you’d be in the 100mph plus range by then.

Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille
Sky Cloud Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts
Understood, thanks for the heads up. Although, I might just enjoy the silence when I'm in the XJ.
There is no silence, there is a comforting purr.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I dont think either would be the wrong choice both look stunning. I think the newer and fewer miles would have been a big influence,
Thanks j777stp, Well's that exactly what did it for me as they were almost identically priced. I hope to collect the XJ8 end of next week all being well :giggle:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The cars in question are a 2006 Blue Daimler Super EIGHT X356 with 57k miles and an Emerald Green XJ8 Sovereign X358 March 2009 with 45k miles.

Price wise and spec wise there was very little difference. Although the Daimler has rear TV’s in the front headrest, rear climate control and active cruise control. The XJ8 has cooled seats, but apart from that there very similar in spec.

When I got as far as the above in your initial post, it was such an easy choice. Emerald green, amongst my favourite colours. 3 years newer, got to be a good thing, and lower miles? Cooled seats much more worthwhile than bloody TV's that you'll never watch? No brainer :cool:.

But then I got to the photo's, and that lovely chrome Daimler grille, and the wheels, and ohhhhh, doesn't it look good in that gorgeous blue?

I feel your pain, and I'm glad it was you having to make the decision, I'd have either ended up procrastinating so long I missed both of them, or bankrupted myself to buy both :eek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

As mac said, neither were really wrong, but what a choice!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
When I got as far as the above in your initial post, it was such an easy choice. Emerald green, amongst my favourite colours. 3 years newer, got to be a good thing, and lower miles? Cooled seats much more worthwhile than bloody TV's that you'll never watch? No brainer :cool:.

But then I got to the photo's, and that lovely chrome Daimler grille, and the wheels, and ohhhhh, doesn't it look good in that gorgeous blue?

I feel your pain, and I'm glad it was you having to make the decision, I'd have either ended up procrastinating so long I missed both of them, or bankrupted myself to buy both :eek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

As mac said, neither were really wrong, but what a choice!
Dear Orsom weels, thanks for the comments and yes what a dilemma. But I had to make an on-the-spot decision, which I did in favor of the Jaguar. It was indeed a very tough choice, however, in the end, my fav color, 3 years newer, lower miles so it had to be the XJ8. The Daimler lost out only just.

Like you, I'd love them both but not possible unless I sell a kidney 🥩.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
For what it's worth, reading your original post I got to the part where you wrote "Emerald Green" and the decision was made. You bought the right car. Absolutely gorgeous and would be one of my "if money was no object that would be a dream car" candidates.

Or, to use the movie vernacular, "You had me at Green".
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
For what it's worth, reading your original post I got to the part where you wrote "Emerald Green" and the decision was made. You bought the right car. Absolutely gorgeous and would be one of my "if money was no object that would be a dream car" candidates.

Or, to use the movie vernacular, "You had me at Green". View attachment 58234
Lol thanks R0drunner1, appreciate that very much 🙏🕺. As much as I love Italian Racing Red, see below, Emerald Green is for sure my out and out favourite colour. Although I must admit, I do believe a colour has to also suit the cars shape as some colours that I’m not too keen on, actually look really good / very nice on some - certain shaped cars.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Hood
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tv in the back is worthless, you will never sit there, they are antique and the headrests are rigid.
I agree in part, the TV is analog and receives no signal, but on my car the headrests are electric raise and lower like the front ones. If the rear screens are fitted, you can feed them through the boot DVD player, or your own source via the RCA connectors on the rear entertainment panel. Sadly my car does not have the rear screens, but does have the rear entertainment, obviously audio only.
Pete M

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agree :cool:. But it was a dilemma, as I liked both cars equally and fully loaded is the way I usually roll, which the Daimler was. But the Jaguar V8 Supercharged Sovereign has extras and is a lovely spec. I love the fact it's got the all wooden heated steering wheel option, plus cooled seats. Only missing the adaptive Cruise Control, otherwise my perfect car.
If that car is supercharged, which it looks like from the speedo, then it is a SWB Super V8. Japan liked to downplay the SV8, my car is also marked as XJ8L Sovereign.

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
I agree in part, the TV is analog and receives no signal, but on my car the headrests are electric raise and lower like the front ones. If the rear screens are fitted, you can feed them through the boot DVD player, or your own source via the RCA connectors on the rear entertainment panel. Sadly my car does not have the rear screens, but does have the rear entertainment, obviously audio only.
Pete M
This was my meaning, will not tilt forward to meet your head.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts