Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of overhauling the rear suspension bushings on my ’06 S type. This is just a precautionary measure, the car handles well enough but it now is 11yrs. old and is approaching 86K miles.

I have sourced a complete set of second hand upper and lower wishbones, but would like some advice before attempting the re-bush job.
I haven’t sourced the replacement bushes as yet as I can’t make my mind up whether to go for polyurethane bushes or originals style ones.

I prefer a quiet, smooth ride to a sportier one, and wondered if the polyurethane would be a tad ‘harsher’

As I don’t have a press, would it be feasible to remove and replace bushes just using all threaded rod?
I could possibly get access to a press by paying a visit to a local mechanic but prefer to do the job in my own garage.

Any and all comments, advice etc. warmly appreciated.

Must read the relevant section of the forum now!

Regards..........................................IP

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Should be Ok, Ed China did it on one of the wheeler dealer cars the other week. Good luck.

Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.