Icarsoft i930

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Yes it will,
iCarsoft i930 was the first Multi-system scanner developed by iCarsoft to diagnose Landrover and Jaguar. With an iCarsoft i930 scanner you are able to read and clear DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) from motormanagement and other electric systems such as ABS, Airbag, Airco, Immobilizer, Transmission etc.

capri v8 driver

Reaction score
Maybe its possible or a option to borrow one from a forum member in her neighborhood?

Its still 90 ponds and up (without shipping) new unless you could find a used one. There are 2 used ones on ebay.

Looking at the price of the used one you could beter buy a new one.

ducmon

Reaction score
I have already put her in contact with the member of the forum who wrote his off the other day.

They are now talking together.

I was unable confirm that it can work on the gearbox as mine is manual.

I did not want to recommend that she bought this one until I was sure it would work on the Gearbox.

As she has been having a rough time due to loosing her job because of Covid.

RUDE

Reaction score
It's so frustrating for me with these readers, It's also frustrating that I am attracted to British automotive offerings from the turn of the century. I have a Nanocom for my discovery which is absolutely perfect and does everything. My question is this, does this icarsoft box of tricks do early S types? Why did OBDII become standard in 1996 and I get cars on OBDI dealer only crap despite being made in 2000 Eh? I've got me dedicated laptop with windows VM, none of the IDS' work and I struggled to download IDS125 to try next. I've got it now, by using a different computer of all things! It's just simply a case of going out there again, hooking the car up to another car, risk bricking it for 25 minutes only to find that that won't work either, and even with the remote chance it does, risk bricking the car. To be honest, it's a ball ache so if there is even a hint of this tool working, I want to know about it please.

The stickies are fine except as usual across the entire interweb, when early cars and diagnostics are mentioned, there is never a successful demo result and the conversation almost immediately migrates to OBDII, likewise, products claim they cover the years and then the descriptions kind of 'miss that bit out'.

Someone give me a STRAIGHT answer! Please! For my sanity. Failing that, I'm no stranger to a good game of parts darts and will continue to buy random parts to put in my shed.

capri v8 driver

Reaction score
It's so frustrating for me with these readers, It's also frustrating that I am attracted to British automotive offerings from the turn of the century. I have a Nanocom for my discovery which is absolutely perfect and does everything. My question is this, does this icarsoft box of tricks do early S types? Why did OBDII become standard in 1996 and I get cars on OBDI dealer only crap despite being made in 2000 Eh? I've got me dedicated laptop with windows VM, none of the IDS' work and I struggled to download IDS125 to try next. I've got it now, by using a different computer of all things! It's just simply a case of going out there again, hooking the car up to another car, risk bricking it for 25 minutes only to find that that won't work either, and even with the remote chance it does, risk bricking the car. To be honest, it's a ball ache so if there is even a hint of this tool working, I want to know about it please.

Each car brand has its own protocols next to the OBD and not all code readers can read it. Most cheaper code readers can only read general codes but not car specific codes. So yes i have a bought a few code readers that are junk now. Icarsoft was clever and made cheap code readers for a specific car and sold a lot of them but in my eyes its a waist of money as these code readers can only be used for 1 car brand.

I have a old laptop with a VM for IDS and use a JRL or a VMSII clone but it keeps freezing up or is very slow.

I use a cheap ELM327 with a high/low can switch and Forscan and it actually can read all codes from a older '99 to '02 S type by using the Lincoln LS codes without any problems. And more like Pats and key remotes programming ect. The ELM was 30 euros and Forscan has a free extended license for 2 months or you can buy a lifetime license for 45 euros.

RUDE

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man, some clarified info to work with. The thought about reading it as a Lincoln had wafted across my mind. It's one of those things where the issue really needs to be dealt with before it's actually required!