Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wanted some conformation on a fault reader. It seems like the Foxwell NT630 is a universal reader & the icarsft 11 is more bespoke to Jags & Land Rovers. Is this correct?, as i don't really want to fork out a hundred plus pounds on something that wont work on other cars if i have a change.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If you want a reader that is multi manufacture then the foxwell will do as you can add software for other vehicles. The Carsoft is manufacture specific so you will not get any bogus DTC's that confuse.
Both are good for reading fault codes but to be honest (IMHO)the JLR/SDD mongoose is the best for our cars (and is a third of the price) but you can do more with it. It has Dealer options where you can do things that only a Dealer has access to like reprogramming keys etc.

For the price if you decide to change your vehicle its not that expensive to worry about.

Roger

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
The Icarsoft also tells you it has fixed things when it hasn't. And can't be used for lots of functions. However. JTIS/Mongoose is software written by nerds and sometimes isn't as obvious as you would like...

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
The Icarsoft also tells you it has fixed things when it hasn't. And can't be used for lots of functions. However. JTIS/Mongoose is software written by nerds and sometimes isn't as obvious as you would like...
That's surprising Lost One.

I thought it reads most if not all later year S Type control modules doesn't it, according to someone else, I forgot who?

Certainly the ABS.

How did it let you down?

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I think I remember a while back Lost it was doing something on his injectors or something and the reader said it was all done when it wasn't. He will confirm I'm sure.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.