Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the best version of iCarsoft for my XKR ? Seems to be quite a few different ones.

can you delete old codes with these ? Turn off or reset the service light ?

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 89K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,610 Posts
Hi Andy

I use the LR V2.0 model which allows me to monitor live data, delete codes, etc. Pretty good for the money.

I think they tend to start losing the ability to do certain things on later models, eg post-2015 eg X351/X260, dpf, etc, but firmware updates are regularly made available

The above supplier suggests contacting them to check what is supported for specific models.

For my mind, the icarsoft readers provide the most amount of support in their price band.

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 89K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,610 Posts
Thanks Mark , I think I’m gonna get one 👍
I'll have it with me next week at Silverstone if you want to to check it out first.

Worth making sure you buy from a reputable dealer, and avoid ebay.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree with @MarkFY that iCarSoft has some very powerful products, but they have so many similar products at different price points for the same car, their product line is, to me, terribly confusing. I used their sales chat line to try to make sense of it when I wanted one for my MBZ (e.g., get differences, comparison charts, etc.), and that clown wasn't helpful at all.

I'll note that, if all you want to do is clear codes and clear the 'check engine' light, there are simple OBD tools available cheap cheap cheap on Amazon. You shouldn't use them to try to diagnose anything serious on your Jag because they just give cursory codes, but they'll certainly clear them for ya if that's all you want.

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
Another train of though would be to buy the iCarsoft CR pro, which can do most brands, so is a little more future-proof and maybe even useful on other cars you have.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Another train of though would be to buy the iCarsoft CR pro, which can do most brands, so is a little more future-proof and maybe even useful on other cars you have.
Yep, I think a few others here have gone down the 'multi-car' route...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep, I think a few others here have gone down the 'multi-car' route...

I have the CR Pro and have used it for a whole range of cars.

I was most impressed when I used it to help my Brother whose VW Golf would not start. His cheap Bluetooth dongle showed a whole range of fault codes. My iCarsoft showed just one which was "Knock sensor". Knock sensor was not listed by his cheap device. He change the knock sensor and the car ran fine.

Richard

·
Registered
311 Posts
Perfect example, by the way, of the crappy information that I got from iCarSoft. I specifically asked about the differences between the multi-brand and single-brand devices, and the answer I got was "Well, if you have a Jag, buy the Jag device. If you have different cars, buy the multi-brand." I asked about the INFORMATION on a Jag from both single and multi-brand, and they had no answer for me.

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Perfect example, by the way, of the crappy information that I got from iCarSoft. I specifically asked about the differences between the multi-brand and single-brand devices, and the answer I got was "Well, if you have a Jag, buy the Jag device. If you have different cars, buy the multi-brand." I asked about the INFORMATION on a Jag from both single and multi-brand, and they had no answer for me.
The multi-car models will provide the same functionality for Jags as you get from the equivalent version of Jag-specific reader (ie. V2 or V3).

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There is also the Autell AP200 as an option.. far, far easier to use and more useful, at least on a 2013 XF..

iCarsoft readers on S-Types and XF have been known to have problems recently, and aren't user friendly in comparison..

I'm making an assumption here that they work on your car too though..

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Excellent ! you can clear the service light for me 🤣 save me all that faffing around trying to press buttons in 3 seconds 👍
No problem. It's in the car all the time anyway. Always kept updated too. Plus Flatcap will also have his along for the ride, I'm sure.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The multi-car models will provide the same functionality for Jags as you get from the equivalent version of Jag-specific reader (ie. V2 or V3).
Thanks, Mark. Wish you were working the iCarSoft support line the day I called! :D

• Haha
Reactions: MarkFY
1 - 15 of 15 Posts