Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality warning

Ranny

Reaction score
Good Morning all,

A couple of days ago I got the "Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality" warning, never hears of such a warning. It is always displayed now and cannot be simply reset. I have seen some posts on XE forum saying a software update can fix it however my car shows no update available. Or a faulty sensor.

The only Ad Blue that has ever been added is by the dealer and with such a low mileage that I do, it never reports a low fluid level warning.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

**update

Have found another post on this, looks like a vist to the dealer, which is not open during the COVID issue, but any comments still welcome

Last edited:

Trooper

Reaction score
If you have jaguar breakdown or any other breakdown call them and see what they say, because you might need your car if you have an emergency but i hope not.

When i bought my XF from a Ford Garage it was showing a Amber Triangle to do with the Ad-Blue ( i forget what the message actually said) and it turned out that the Ford Garage had bought 16 litres of Ad Blue from the Jaguar Dealer .
So it was nothing to do with Incorrect Ad-Blue, so whether Ford had over filled which it says in the Handbook that over filling can cause problems.
The Jaguar Dealer had to Drain the System and refill with New Ad Blue to Clear the Fault Message on the Dash, and the Ford Garage paid the £160 pounds that Jaguar wanted and evering is working as it should.

Regards Tom.

Andy5112405

Reaction score
AdBlue is quite corrosive, it is possible that you have a corroded connector somewhere.

Acederby

Reaction score
I had this problem the other month. Took it to Derby Jaguar, Drained ad blue and refilled, at no cost as I have a service plan. All working fine now.

Ranny

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. My warranty expired and I took up an extended warranty and also renewed the Jaguar app thingy. Not sure if I am still covered for the breakdown cover though, need to look into that. Car continues to work okay but cannot clear the warning. If nothing else causes an issue I will wait until I can go to a dealer, I have emailed my usual dealer but no response as I think they are on lockdown like so many of us.

Follow the rules and stay safe everybody.

DERRYJAG

Reaction score
I've just had the same warning just come on, still under warranty so dealer advised calling Jaguar assist.
Their coming out on Thursday, I'll update you then.

Ranny

Reaction score
Hi all. Sorry, I meant to update this the other day. The warning of the "Incorrect DEF" was followed by a 500 mile warning of "no restarts". My understanding was that you got a much bigger mileage countdown if the DEF was running low. Anyway, I decided to call the Jaguar assist and they sent someone out in good time (quite impressed to be honest). The guy phoned me just before arriving and I gave him more details of the problem. The technician said the mileage warning kind of goes hand in hand with the Incorrect DEF warning. He plugged in an analyser and told me that the fault codes did not make much sense, no specific fault regarding such things like blocked injectors noted. He reset the warnings and took it for a test drive. Afterwards he said that the fault had cleared okay and that it showed that only 0.7 litre was required for a top up. He thought that was a little low based on when it was last topped up and thought that an "overfill" may have been the issue. Anyway, the fault has been cleared and the last few short journeys I have had are not reporting any issues.

Hope DERRYJAG you get on okay, let us all know what you got as a solution.

DERRYJAG

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well Jag assist came out this morning checked everything over, reset the fault warning and said he could find nothing wrong.
Just have to wait and see if it has cured it, think we all know touchy jag electrics can be!!

Gemini80

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]MANAGEMENT WARNING - NO ENGINE RESTART IN …… MILES. INCORRECT DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID QUALITY DETECTED.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have had this problem 9 times in the last year with my 16 plate Jaguar and am still no nearer to finding a solution,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aylesbury Jaguar have tried to fix the issue five times this year including draining, refitting, pump calibration, prime and pressure tests, resetting adaptive valves and on my last visit a whole new adblue tank and the problem has still come back after a month. Has anyone had this problem sorted?>[/FONT]

Ranny

Reaction score
As i had reported in April this year, I had it sorted and I never had the fault repeat (fingers crossed). You are having a hard time of it.